zaunkoenig m1k: 23g mouse (pure fingertip grip) - Page 10 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

zaunkoenig m1k: 23g mouse (pure fingertip grip)

post #91 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by ATH-YF View Post
One of the big reasons I see manufactures fail to design good shape is due to their tendency to create a 1 shape-fit-all model (ending up mostly medium sized).
Its failure by design. Conventional mouse manufacturers design for the majority of gamers hoping this helps in selling the most mice. Launching a mouse is expensive, so they want to go after the biggest sub market. The problem of course being that when the majority of mouse manufacturers operate this way, gamers who dont fit in the majority dont have many mice to select from. And ironically the mouse manufacturers can have a bad time as well: when there are so many similar mice the sub market suddenly is not that lucrative any more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 09:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

I need this mouse. Any ETA on the kickstarter campaign?
post #93 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 02:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Maverickman View Post
I need this mouse. Any ETA on the kickstarter campaign?
You wont have to wait long. Join our newsletter.
post #94 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Super stoked for this mouse. I was doing some research on mice as well and purchased a logitech g pro hero because of its rave reviews. Unfortunately, the mouse happens to be too big for me in fingertip grip usage, but what does stand out is its very sensitive mouse clicks and low actuation distance. Click-per-minute is the best I've had on this mouse. Logitech has the best in the industry I think for clicks. So I wanted to ask how does your mouse compare? I read your blogs and the replies on this thread but saw no mention of it. It's a new area of mouse design I've learned about and it seems very important for max-performance gaming. Did you account for travel distance of clicks? Did you manufacture and design the switches to be super soft and easy to press? Measure click latency? Was just curious about these things because maybe in later versions of the model you can incorporate them.

But I'll still be first in line to the buy the juicy current iteration you've put a lot of work into.

Last edited by Maverickman; 07-14-2019 at 09:27 AM.
post #95 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Maverickman View Post
Super stoked for this mouse. I was doing some research on mice as well and purchased a logitech g pro hero because of its rave reviews. Unfortunately, the mouse happens to be too big for me in fingertip grip usage, but what does stand out is its very sensitive mouse clicks and low actuation distance. Click-per-minute is the best I've had on this mouse. Logitech has the best in the industry I think for clicks. So I wanted to ask how does your mouse compare? I read your blogs and the replies on this thread but saw no mention of it. It's a new area of mouse design I've learned about and it seems very important for max-performance gaming. Did you account for travel distance of clicks? Did you manufacture and design the switches to be super soft and easy to press? Measure click latency? Was just curious about these things because maybe in later versions of the model you can incorporate them.

But I'll still be first in line to the buy the juicy current iteration you've put a lot of work into.
We make sure there is no pretravel, so the buttons feel responsive. As for debouncing we use the set/release latch method, so there is no MCU lag for button presses as well as button releases (there are mice where the MCU adds tens of milliseconds of input lag). We use D2F-01F switches, which together with the carbon fiber top shell feel nicely rich. As for super soft clicks: it is hard striking the balance between clicks that are too easy versus too hard. We hope we have succeeded but Im sure for some it will be too soft and for others too stiff.
Oh and thanks for calling the M1K juicy.
post #96 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
s t o n k s
post #97 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by IPS.Blue View Post
D2F-01F switches
imo still the best-feeling mouse switch on the market
also has an excellent track record of reliability, unlike the new "50m" omrons.
i saw the bottom plate and this thing looks dead easy to disassemble if you wanna swap in kailhs or something too

i'm excited for this mouse, seems all the right decisions are being made
post #98 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 319 (Unique: 231)
Quote: Originally Posted by NDUS View Post
imo still the best-feeling mouse switch on the market
also has an excellent track record of reliability, unlike the new "50m" omrons.
i saw the bottom plate and this thing looks dead easy to disassemble if you wanna swap in kailhs or something too

i'm excited for this mouse, seems all the right decisions are being made
I've used D2F-01F (Japan) in IE3.0 for around 10 years with around 2 years cleaning periods.
G403 with D2FC-F-7N(20M) (China) has needed cleaning after 18 months as well, surprisingly not the left button switch but right one. I clean all at once anyway and this pressing of the switches while spraying contact cleaner into them bends the spring part inside a bit making the switches light, maybe I over did it on the G403 as those turned from quite annoyingly stiff when new to light if not lighter than the 10y old IE3.0.
So it's better to have a good switch stiffness to start with as you can always tweak it later and when cleaning don't go too hard on pressing the switch down.

These newer Omrons are built a little different inside and in China. Less material used, lower production costs.

All the micro switches in existence need a cleaning in 12-24 months as they will start losing connection when pressed, such as double clicking and bouncing contact while pressed continuously.
The contact degrades, oxidizes, dirt, what ever, and needs to be cleaned.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in