Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Information & Discussion Thread - Page 13 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Information & Discussion Thread

post #121 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:33 AM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 215 (Unique: 135)
Quote: Originally Posted by ntuason View Post
Just bought this game on EpicGames. After completing download in EpicGame client it forces me to login to Ubisoft and sign in...ETC. After signing into Ubisoft it forces me to download another 50+GB? Is this the natural process or am I just downloading the game twice?
Sounds like it's wanting you to install it again. Was it cheaper on Epic? I usually purchase all of my ubisoft games from ubisoft to keep from having to deal with a middle man (and you get those points for in game rewards).

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 167 (Unique: 151)
Quote: Originally Posted by keikei View Post
I'm only seeing 50 gigs. Check your control panel, maybe you installed it twice?
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
Sounds like it's wanting you to install it again. Was it cheaper on Epic? I usually purchase all of my ubisoft games from ubisoft to keep from having to deal with a middle man (and you get those points for in game rewards).
Its Ridiculous, it made me download the whole game twice, my "Tom Clancy's The Division 2" is at 101GB plus I downloaded the Tom Clancy's The Division 2 PTS which is another 52.9GB... The game cost $20USD more on Epic Games, I didn't know about Ubisoft and their game client until I finished downloading from Epic Games and then prompt me to download Ubisoft client. But 150GB later the game is gorgeous.
post #123 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:55 AM
SpaceStationGaming

Rep: 459 (Unique: 350)
Quote: Originally Posted by ntuason View Post
Its Ridiculous, it made me download the whole game twice, my "Tom Clancy's The Division 2" is at 101GB plus I downloaded the Tom Clancy's The Division 2 PTS which is another 52.9GB... The game cost $20USD more on Epic Games, I didn't know about Ubisoft and their game client until I finished downloading from Epic Games and then prompt me to download Ubisoft client. But 150GB later the game is gorgeous.
Avoid Epic Client period. You don't need to download the PTS though... that's just the test server with all the new content / update that will be coming to the main game anyways.
post #124 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 01:33 PM
I <3 narcissists

Rep: 215 (Unique: 135)
You definitely don't need the PTS server, especially if you are just starting out in the game because what you do on the PTS won't transfer to your main game character.

It's a fun game and I hope you enjoy it. Just a friendly tip, don't waste any money buying gear because it gets replaced real fast until you reach max level. You will want the money later on to maximize your world tier 5 gear on the workbench.

El Computer
(15 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard
Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate
GPU
Radeon VII
GPU
EVGA 2080ti FTW3 Ultra
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 EVO
Hard Drive
CRUCIAL 1TB MX500 M.2
Power Supply
EVGA G3
Cooling
CORSAIR H150I PRO
Case
LianLi PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 32GK850G
Monitor
50" Vizio 4k TV
Keyboard
Logitech G110
Mouse
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 USB
▲ hide details ▲

post #125 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:24 PM
SpaceStationGaming

Rep: 459 (Unique: 350)
Quote: Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post
You definitely don't need the PTS server, especially if you are just starting out in the game because what you do on the PTS won't transfer to your main game character.

It's a fun game and I hope you enjoy it. Just a friendly tip, don't waste any money buying gear because it gets replaced real fast until you reach max level. You will want the money later on to maximize your world tier 5 gear on the workbench.

What???

It's so easy to make money in Div2, I'm sitting at well over 3Million on just a single character. Easily over 6 million between all my characters....
post #126 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 19)
I had the Epic manager installed for a bit... Can't remember for what game, but I was not a fan of it. Hope I won't need it for any games I want in the future.

On another note, looks like today's Nvidia driver is adding some performance to TD2. Haven't played it in a while. Gonna try it out tonight on surround.

ZMT watercool setup -- Phanteks Enthoo Elite -- hwlabs gtr 420 x 2 -- noctua A14 PWM x8 -- d5 pwm -- 9900x -- x299 TUF Mk1
EK Supremacy RGB-- 64gb 3200 tridentZ Royal CL14 -- AX1500i -- 2x 7600p on hyper m.2 VROC 4TB -- EK ZMT Tubing -- Ek Fittings -- dual 1080ti FE -- EK 1080ti Waterblocks -- asus PG279UZ monitors x3 7680x1440 surround
Bertha 5.0
(22 items)
CPU
9900x
Motherboard
X299 TUF Mk1
GPU
1080ti FE
GPU
1080ti FE
RAM
GSkill Royal
Hard Drive
Hyper m.2
Power Supply
Ax1500i
Cooling
HWL GTR 420 x2
Cooling
EKWB 1080ti blocks x2
Cooling
EK Supremecy EVO RGB
Cooling
Noctua A14 PWM x8
Cooling
Corsair ML140 x6
Cooling
EK ZMT tubing
Cooling
EK D5 PWM pump/res
Cooling
EK Fittings
Cooling
Corsair Commander Pro
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Asus PG279QZ x3
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
Mouse
Corsair Nightsword
Mousepad
Corsair MM800 Polaris
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in