Overclock.net banner

[Official] AMD MaxxMEM Results/Rankings

119K views 2K replies 197 participants last post by  Redwoodz 
#1 ·

Banner Created by odin2free

Please use a recent version of MaxxMem Preview. (Download Page) and CPU-Z
Download broke? Download here. Link
Here is a great post that explains the effect of a CPU NB overclock and RAM Speed & Timings.

INSTRUCTIONS:

You must do this or your submission may not be added:

Please post a screenshot of your MaxxMem results and the SPD tab of CPU-z to be added to the list.

If your memory brand is not the same as your sig rig, please post that too. It would be extremely helpful if you post a link to your exact memory.

odin2free is able to update the spreadsheet. If you see him update it, you may want to thank him properly as he deserves some recognition for all the work he does!
thumb.gif

Contacting Us.

Note: If for some reason your score has not been added and or updated, Please contact one of the members listed below as we can rectify it fairly quick and are the most active with updating the spreadsheet.

Disturbed117 odin2free

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqVpPC3LIyz6dERrZk9vY0dhcFVlb1hGVU92Z1QtaGc&output=html&widget=true

Code for your signature tag:

Code:
[URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/1085742/amd-maxxmem-results-rankings/0_30]AMD MaxxMemm Rankings[/URL]
Original messsage:

I want to give a special thanks to robbo2 for creating this thread for us AMD users to show our MaxxMem results in. He deserves all the credit for this topic. I just took the thread over to manage the spreadsheets and help him get the most out of his idea. Here is his original post:

Quote:
I haven't seen a thread just for AMD results so I thought I might start one. Just post them up so we can all see where our systems compare to similar systems. I'll start with mine, it's corsair vengance ram rated at 8-8-8-24 1600 and it really doesn't like it when I try and move the timings
frown.gif

See less See more
#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo2;14490631
Looks like I am using an incredibly old version. Nice results considering your NB is at stock clocks.
loool, and i took my screenshot like a year ago
tongue.gif

i never got into OCing my NB, got bored of testing all the time
doh.gif

can't wait for more people to post their results
biggrin.gif

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by daito;14490533
this is the best result i got , kingston hyperX rated at 9-9-9-24 , 1600, i tried a lot of combinations but this one gave me the best results (8-9-8-24) @1600

daitof.jpg
Daito - Increase your CPU-NB multi to x12 or x13 depending on how you overclocked your system - try to get it to 2600-3000ish and your numbers should go up a good amount
smile.gif

I ran mine, but because 8gb on my board will only run in 2T command rate and I cannot force 1T on this motherboard/BIOS revision... I guess I'm kinda stuck
frown.gif

#11 ·
#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwardicus;14494969
Daito - Increase your CPU-NB multi to x12 or x13 depending on how you overclocked your system - try to get it to 2600-3000ish and your numbers should go up a good amount
smile.gif

I ran mine, but because 8gb on my board will only run in 2T command rate and I cannot force 1T on this motherboard/BIOS revision... I guess I'm kinda stuck
frown.gif
i OCed a bit when i got my system up and running, but then i lost the excitement behind OCing
frown.gif

guess i'll get back into it soon though
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771;14499331
Increased northbridge clock will significantly up your results.
See the sticky: Northbridge speed and RAM timing significance on AMD platforms
thanks for the like, i was gonna wait till i upgrade to CHV but i think that'll take some time , so i'll try OCing this rig one more time
biggrin.gif

#20 ·
So I moved on to NB increase from 2600 to 2800. I BSOD @ 2800 so I am working on finding stable Voltage

1) Any benefit to increasing NB Voltage even more after finding a stable setting? (maybe more stable)
2) Something strange happened after my BSOD, all my saved logins on Firefox erased. Is this normal?
3) Im going to push for 3000Mhz NB (after I find a stable 2800 setting)...any tips?

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix;14495019
Here's my scores, just to rub it in!

memory4.png

Ignore my PI Score, something went wrong with it and it used 1% of my CPU.
HOMFG :/
3.3 GHz NB ??? Like thats what my 'gift' rig's amd athlon x2 250 does on a 35$ mobo !!
The NB is stuck at 2.2GHz :/
My deneb does 2.5GHz :/

AMD did me in with the 'no-FSB' picture :/
mad.gif

AFAIK :
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96shox;14505281
So I moved on to NB increase from 2600 to 2800. I BSOD @ 2800 so I am working on finding stable Voltage

1) Any benefit to increasing NB Voltage even more after finding a stable setting? (maybe more stable)
2) Something strange happened after my BSOD, all my saved logins on Firefox erased. Is this normal?
3) Im going to push for 3000Mhz NB (after I find a stable 2800 setting)...any tips?
I'm working on the same , albeit lazily.
yeah , corrupt data fed from the CPU =corrupt cache = unreadable . So FFox prolly just skipped the idea and moved on ( new session ).
You just hit a wall at times.. 2.8NB is plenty
wink.gif
RAM TIMINGs ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.