[Official] Thermaltake Core V1 Owners' Club - Page 202 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Thermaltake Core V1 Owners' Club

post #2011 of 2013 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 06:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Any way to fit the window on top or was it just scratching the panel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2013 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 05:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by OVOBravo View Post
Any way to fit the window on top or was it just scratching the panel?
I found an old picture.
https://ibb.co/n61kQLV

Its fits. Probably touches the panel, but doent push it.
post #2013 of 2013 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 07:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'm back baby! Time for another Thermaltake V1 build!

At one point I moved onto an ATX build and honestly I just can't stand the size. I always missed my Thermaltake V1 PC. Now I'm building my Ryzen build. It's not finished because UPS decided to ship my Ryzen CPU from Newegg to a different town so now I have to wait another week. Until then I wanted to show you guys something unique and as far as the internet goes I think I'm the first.

I'm putting a Morpheus II into my Thermaltake V1 ITX case. I searched deep but could not find anyone attempting such a crazy thing. As you can see in the photos attached it's almost a flush fit. I had to cut a piece of the beam to put it in but once the covers are on you won't even see it. The plan is to cut out the side panel too to make room for the heatsinks, then mount 2x 120x15mm fans as exhaust right to the cover itself. On the inside it will have anti-vibration material to stop any noise. I decided on this design because I'm not a fan of dust and having the fans exhaust should do the trick. Inside the 200mm fan will keep it all cool. If anyone has noticed I also have large thin heatsinks on the back panel of my Vega card. Under the backplate of my Vega I have thermal pads on the hotspots. It works great, the heatsinks actually get quite hot so you know the heat disputation works. The best part is when it's time to upgrade I will most likely pick up a 5700XT card or newer and the Morpheus II is compatible.

I hope you guys enjoy, I will post my final result once it's all done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190721_170438.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	282658  

Name:	IMG_20190721_170401.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	282660  

Name:	IMG_20190721_170348.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	282662  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in