Overclock.net banner

Descriptive Titles Now Mandatory

6K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Crash 
#1 ·
As part of an effort to make the forum more useful we will now be asking members not to use generic thread titles like "help me now" or "noob question here" when posting a new thread.

For the first phase of enforcing this, we will simply remind users to be more descript in their titles.

For the second phase of this, any new post without a descriptive title will be deleted.

This change should have a positive impact on us all.

Help by the membership to remind members about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

admin

See less See more
#6 ·
Thank you ADMIN and PHilwn, I hoope this one sticks... It does get bothersome when your wanting to help but you see the Another noob Title and your like should i look.. So may times its questions about specific hardware. which not all of us have..

IF they had a problem with there ATI 9600
the thread title could be as simple as
9600 video problem...

Good call admin... that should help people find help related to specifics topics.

Are you going to do something about the hundreds of already posted Noob here posts??

#16 ·
"Sorry about that...just figured that being under AMD - Memory, people would only assume that my topic was about memory"

SO TRUE!

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist
Thank you ADMIN and PHilwn, I hoope this one sticks... It does get bothersome when your wanting to help but you see the Another noob Title and your like should i look.. So may times its questions about specific hardware. which not all of us have..

IF they had a problem with there ATI 9600
the thread title could be as simple as
9600 video problem...

Good call admin... that should help people find help related to specifics topics.

Are you going to do something about the hundreds of already posted Noob here posts??
yuck .. i hate my 9600.. it always gives me problems

#21 ·
thanks fillpot... it definitely helps when it comes to searching for threads, and everyone here surely appreciates it. if we see new threads that have non-descriptive titles, what should we do? PM a mod?

thanks admin and fillpot...

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwiztidPOPS

Sorry about that...just figured that being under AMD - Memory, people would only assume that my topic was about memory. Won't happen again!

you sound kind of sarcastic about that? yes as admin said even if it was in the memory part theres different topics too memory you may of needed help on:

overclocking, needed to know what memory you need, wanted to know how good some memory was hell you might of even wanted to know how to install it. This is what steve03 meant by his suggestion

Good suggestion glad it in play

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

thanks fillpot... it definitely helps when it comes to searching for threads, and everyone here surely appreciates it. if we see new threads that have non-descriptive titles, what should we do? PM a mod?

thanks admin and fillpot...

If you find a thread with a non-descriptive title, please do your part by PMing the member reminding them of the rule and requesting for them to change it and PM a mod informing of the thread so that we can change it if the member does not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.