Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a mobile phone as i do not have one, i was looking at the nokia 5800 seen many good reviews on it, the touch is very nice, what i was looking for, just wanted to see what you guys thought of the nokia 5800?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yeah this is a good stylish phone, but I have a nokia and people have been telling me that nokia's run slow and freeze sometimes which is true. I mean I have a 16GB internal memory. It tends to be slow when opening messages and applications. I mean if you wanted to use email as well you could spend an extra £20 and buy a Blackberry Curve 8520. Which has a lot of features and apps on it. Also you can check your emails facebook msn or whatever on it. Which is a really good phone.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phon...rry-curve-8520

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, as you say nokias are slow, but ive been looking at many reviews on this phone and they have been saying its fast, easy, and reliable, espically for a touch phone.

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Get one of these m8. You will never need another phone, I've ran over mine, thrown it out of the window, chucked it in the reservoir and its been stamped on by many fat people in an effort to break it and not a single scratch http://www.jcbtoughphone.com/
loud as hell tho, scares the crap out of me every time i get a call.

• Rep+
Reactions: PIRATE11

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
I have the Nokia 5800 Xpress music phone and it's Ok. i don't think the touch screen is sensitive enough though and it's a little slow, especially when rotating the screen from vertical to horizontal.

• Rep+
Reactions: PIRATE11

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly, well i do appreciate your replys, they were taking into consideration after researching the 5800 vs other phones, the 5800 is a pretty good damn phone and most likely will be my choice.

THANKS guys =]. rep for all if i can o_O

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I bought an HTC Touch Diamond for £160 off of ebay second hand this summer, and don't regret it one bit.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PIRATE11
View Post

Thanks for the reply, as you say nokias are slow, but ive been looking at many reviews on this phone and they have been saying its fast, easy, and reliable, espically for a touch phone.

Yeah they are at first but when you start filling up the memory, it starts to slow a bit. I have a 16GB phone and I have hardly used any of the memory. I haven't deleted my texts since 09 New years. So that's probably why it is slow. Other than that it is a good stylish phone. If you had an extra £20 I would look at getting that blackberry in my opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts