Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Todays new i9-11900K test. Very interesting and similar to Zen2/Zen3 is memory divider or what is ever it :)

Motherboard AORUS Z490-PRO with beta BIOS from date 31.12.2020

Cinebench R20 results

SSD test on Samsung 980 PRO

Games with RTX3080 on WQHD (first game is LOL vs WoW?)

CS:GO and also PUBG in two frame sections

Tomb raider

What do u think?

source:

• Rep+
Reactions: Schmuckley

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
20,387 Posts

lemme know when they got 10nm figured out and can match AMD's core count.

·
Facepalm
9,192 Posts
someting is wrong, the 10900k should not beat the 11900k
The 10900k is clocked higher than the 11900k and has 2 extra cores. I would expect a tie there.
However something is definitely wrong. Might be the PCIE lane/ratio bug because this seems to be video related.

Did you notice the GPU usage showed up as 81% on the 10900k but 51% on the 11900k? Or what did that say anyway next to "GPU %?"
Seems like a BIOS problem to me.

·
High IQ Person
483 Posts
so just in pare with ryzen, uh, intel marketing is really bad

·
PC Evangelist
47,252 Posts
Games have been optimized for Skylake for almost as long as console generations.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Meh rocket lake was never meant to impresses just to try and keep up.

Rocket sounds fast. Lets add fast infront of lake

·
PC Evangelist
47,252 Posts
Meh rocket lake was never meant to impresses just to try and keep up.

Rocket sounds fast. Lets add fast infront of lake
AMD caught up and beat Intel in PC on desktop since Zen2. Zen3 adds even more. Gaming was the only thing working well for Skylake. Intel Arch has to beat AMD in PC also and be significantly faster than Skylake just to match them.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
AMD caught up and beat Intel in PC on desktop since Zen2. Zen3 adds even more. Gaming was the only thing working well for Skylake. Intel Arch has to beat AMD in PC also and be significantly faster than Skylake just to match them.
I hope you realize that even if intel was to beat AMD in gaming alone by 2% they will still sell enough to the people who will spec max builds for pure gaming machines. Gaming demand will let intel keep there head above waters.....hell with 14nm and wafer cost probaly shoulders above water no problem.

Some one correct me if im wrong..but die size of flagship 11th gen same as 9th gen(9900k/11900k)?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I hope this is an anomaly because otherwise this would be an unmitigated disaster.

I hope you realize that even if intel was to beat AMD in gaming alone by 2% they will still sell enough to the people who will spec max builds for pure gaming machines. Gaming demand will let intel keep there head above waters.....hell with 14nm and wafer cost probaly shoulders above water no problem.

Some one correct me if im wrong..but die size of flagship 11th gen same as 9th gen(9900k/11900k)?
Not really, Intel makes all their money in other markets.

·
Rig Advisor
2,858 Posts

·
Overclocker
3,848 Posts

The pin layout is different. However, the mounting holes between the LGA 1151 and LGA 1200 are the same.

·
sudo apt install sl
8,141 Posts
The die size of the 11900k will most likely be larger due to them backporting a 10nm architecture to 14nm. It might be the same die size as the 10900k

9900k did size: 180 mm²
10900k die size: 206 mm²

·
Not New to Overclock.net
4,022 Posts
The die size of the 11900k will most likely be larger due to them backporting a 10nm architecture to 14nm. It might be the same die size as the 10900k

9900k did size: 180 mm²
10900k die size: 206 mm²
i think bigger

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Intel just got rid of bob swan

·
PC Evangelist
47,252 Posts
Is Alder lake even going to Match AMD in core count? Its 8C High perf + 8 low power cores. Sure its 16C but not
Does not look to impressive, so an AMD 6 core CPU, which beats Intel's upcoming 8 core CPU in most games tells you something is wrong with the benchmark. Even the previous gen 10900k is faster than the 11900k, either probably an ES that isn't fully optimized yet.
Do CPUs need optimizations apart from clk speed increase.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
what's the point of "smaller cores" like smartphones? low power when browsing? Put the light loads of SO on it while leting the big cores eat all the TDP of the cpu? I just don't see where is the revolution on a desktop environment ..... I can get it instead for laptops like M1 apple move..... but who cares if my cpu suck 5W instead of 20 while using a 80W monitor, rgbs all over the place and so on while sitting at my pc? for that time amd will be on a 16cores 5nm idling at 10W........

·
Politically incorrect
9,344 Posts
what's the point of "smaller cores" like smartphones? low power when browsing? Put the light loads of SO on it while leting the big cores eat all the TDP of the cpu? I just don't see where is the revolution on a desktop environment ..... I can get it instead for laptops like M1 apple move..... but who cares if my cpu suck 5W instead of 20 while using a 80W monitor, rgbs all over the place and so on while sitting at my pc? for that time amd will be on a 16cores 5nm idling at 10W........
With power gating I also don't see the point of low power and high power cores on desktop machines. Laptops might benefit due to cooling constraints but a 6 core 15W chip is pretty powerful already. I don't see the paradigm shift.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts