Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a new pc used a burned ISO. Legitimately went on with the install ,restarted it before it was finished . Now I try installing it it always just hangs on the setup screen. I booted with the hard drive and this error comes up. 0x000000f . So I boot up again with the burned disk and it just hangs on th setup screen then finally I got to the menu where I pick what hard drive I wanna install Windows and I can't pick my hard drive partition it says an error . Is my hard drive corrupt? Is there a way to fix this or do I need a new hard drive?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant even go to that screen its always stuck on setup is starting。。。

i even tried the usb stick way to download windows and it does the same thing its always stuck on ''setup is starting''。 so i know 100% its my harddrive。 because when i first tried installing it went fine,but i thought it was done so i restarted it, and thats when the error started coming up and it always hanged on the loadingscreens

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should i just purchase another harddrive? i dont even want to try to repair it, i left it on last night , but its STILL on setup is starting。

·
Music Producer
4,860 Posts
Could be a hard drive related issue.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I hate to see money spent when it really may not be needed, but unless you have another pc to put that hdd into and run chkdsk on it, I not sure what other options you have, tbh. That error code you are getting has to do with the boot manager, which I am sure is related to the previous install attempt. Since the installation was stopped during the write stage though one of the heads could have crashed into the platter and damaged the hard drive.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valafar;13019050
I hate to see money spent when it really may not be needed, but unless you have another pc to put that hdd into and run chkdsk on it, I not sure what other options you have, tbh. That error code you are getting has to do with the boot manager, which I am sure is related to the previous install attempt. Since the installation was stopped during the write stage though one of the heads could have crashed into the platter and damaged the hard drive.
i do have a extra computer(which im using right now),but is it safe to pull out my current hdd, and install the broken hdd in?? i have important files in this hdd

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valafar;13019337
I would install it in addition to the other hard drive. You don't want to boot off the broken one. You want to install it as a second drive. Once in windows run a disc check on it for errors. If it comes up error free format it and put it back in the other computer and try to install windows again.
okay so, plug in the broken hdd with the working hdd。 and boot with the working hdd, and check for errors?
also how do i check for errors?
sry for all these questions:eek:

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valafar;13019438
Just open up my computer, right click on the drive, click on properties, and then on the tools tab. error checking is the first option.
okay , so after i check for errors, how would i know if its broken or not?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts