Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok been messing around, and think I found a problem. Hope I am wrong. I have 1/2" with 5/8" Compression. I am using 7/16 with 5/8 od. am I wrong for doing so. I dont seem to be able to get the Compression to screw down?

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
It will not screw down all the way. Just get it snug on the fitting. If you try to tighten it all the way, you will have to use pliers to get it back off. I'm guessing you used hot water to soak the 7/16 to get it on the 1/2 fitting then.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No not yet, i got pretty good a getting a 7/16 on a 1/2. but never used compression. kind of wishing I would have went with 1/2 x 3/4. and same with compression now. But I cant re order all the fitting now. so I am stuck with this build as 1/2x5/8 compression fittings and 7/16x5/8 tubbing.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkshadow74
View Post

No not yet, i got pretty good a getting a 7/16 on a 1/2. but never used compression. kind of wishing I would have went with 1/2 x 3/4. and same with compression now. But I cant re order all the fitting now. so I am stuck with this build as 1/2x5/8 compression fittings and 7/16x5/8 tubbing.

It shouldn't be a problem provided you can get it pretty tight since it's a compression fitting. Doesn't necessarily need to be screwed down completely.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the compression fittings are just for looks, I been running my loop now for about a year now with 1/2 barbs and 7/16 tub with no clamps and not one leak yet. but I like the look of the compression fitting. I just heated the tube up in really hot water and it let the fitting close about 1/2 the way or little more, so not bad, like the look but like the look of it almost closed better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts