Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well I just ordered my new system so far this is all ups shiped,

check my stats for all the stuff I got,

ALSO when I have this built you guys need to help me overclock this beast!!!

wow I think I am more excited about this then I was at christmas

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tytlyf

nice system...what is the model of your GSkill set...kinda looks like my memory
Pictures are always nice...thx for posting them and keep them coming.

hmm my memory is Gskill Extreme F1-3200DSU2-1GBFX TCCD
512MBDDR PC3200
CL2 2-2-5 volts 2.7-2.8

I dunno if that helps but I heard some stuff about the TCCD models so I went for it especially when I saw a good deal on them for $120

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Pretty nice so far. That Typhoon is crazy huge...

• Rep+
Reactions: graffittisk8er

·
Registered
220 Posts
Why did you waste your money on 1gig of ram?

For $70 more dollars you could of had 2-3-2-5 2x1gig.

Is the RAS to CAS at 2 instead of 3 THAT worth it?

Good stuff otherwise.

I'd buy the 1900XT if I was you and if money is too tight wait a month or two.

The new nvidia card will be at least $600 if not $700.

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ehh well 1gb is fine for now. I dont do hardcore gaming so I will probably use this computer more for dvd encoding and multitasking. but this is my first build so there is always room for improvment, not to mention this is a big upgrade from my school computer (celeron 2.8 + Intel board :-( ). I will update you guys tommarrow when and if UPS ships it tommarrow.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Crazy heatsink...I built a computer a couple months back for brother-n-law using the 3700+ it is a good CPU and the heatsink that comes with it doesn't look that good but I was surprised that when we O/C his system it was still running at 30c and before it had been at 27c stock....

Hope it has a good back support for the motherboard cause it looks awfully TOP HEAVY...

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by foxracing4500

ehh well 1gb is fine for now. I dont do hardcore gaming so I will probably use this computer more for dvd encoding and multitasking.

The thing is, you need more memory for that type of use.

If you feel up to it, swap the 2x512mb with 2x1gb. Believe me, it's cheaper and better than 4x512mb.
If you can stand that...thing (look who is talking
) for a video card for a little while to come, wait about a month or two so we know more about SM4.0 and DX10. If not, buy a 1900XT.

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
A 1900XT? Why not a 7800GT? Its less than half the price and then you could budget for a second 7800GT for SLI (which is what that board is designed for). Why wait until you have the budget for such an expensive card when a 7800GT would give exceptional performance and two of them would be faster than a 7800GTX 512MB.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quote:

ehh well 1gb is fine for now. I dont do hardcore gaming so I will probably use this computer more for dvd encoding and multitasking. but this is my first build so there is always room for improvment, not to mention this is a big upgrade from my school computer (celeron 2.8 + Intel board :-( ). I will update you guys tommarrow when and if UPS ships it tommarrow.

OK, if you say so but I don't agree.

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To SUN: well now that I think about it maybe I should have gotten 2x1gb but do they overclock the same? alright you gotta understand this is my first build and my first step in to overclocking world besides I could always upgrade in the future anyways. Right now this computer build was called project "blue" just because the whole theme of the computer is blue, neon,led,etc.

another reason why I started this project was to get the 3700+ to the same speeds of the FX-57. Now I know the differances between them (speed, unlocked multitplyer etc) but they have the same core so I should be able to do it.

lol yeah my video card is pretty sad but for a FX 5500 its alright I really like the dual VGA ports it has and it takes some load of the CPU. That was my plan to wait it out until DX10 comes and hopefully buy a brand new 7900??

To brad62249: lol yes that thing is crazy big!! I should be able to get the same temps as your brother-n-law but I also heard that the Asus A8n32 board runs a little hotter then others, I guess I will find out tommarrow hopefully! anyways here is another pic for ya,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good luck and please take your time hooking everything up and reading manuals and such....don't get in a hurry to get it up and running, better to take your time and understand where things all go...be interested in seeing what that monster (heatsink looks like mounted to the mother board...hope it doesn't come close to the PSU and such....

What sort of case are you putting this all into? I don't think I saw it or maybe I over looked something...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Quote:

F1-3200DSU2-1GBFX
deal on them for $120

Where did you get the deal from? That's an awesome deal, I paid $150 for mine.
This memory is just amazing, able to clock over DDR600 speeds...nice selection...i LOVE MINE

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To brad62249: well dont laugh but the case I am putting it in is a Sunbeam LAC-BHUVB acrylic. I thought it would add a nice touch to all the lights and its UV.

To tytlyf: I actually got theses from the local computer store in town. They were going out of buisness so everything was at least 20% off. So yeah I think if I would have bought them retail I would have paid the same.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts