Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so here lies the question. which is more efficient at cooling, 1/4" or 1/2"? i know it would probably have to do with the pump and all, but which in general is more efficient?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, i guess that solves my problem.. what kind of pump would you reccomend because ive heard that a buuunch of pumps dont even work right from the box

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spektrum
haha, i guess that solves my problem.. what kind of pump would you reccomend because ive heard that a buuunch of pumps dont even work right from the box

Danger Den D5 (MCP655) is the best pump out there right now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice. so if i got that tubing, that pump, all i need is a resevoir a radiator and a cpu block, correct? anything that you would reccommend?

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
For the CPU block, you cant do better than a Swiftech Apogee.

Getting a reservoir is a matter of personal preference. You don't even NEED one. Just get what will fit your case, there are many to choose.

There are two choices for your radiator: a watercooling radiator made especially for water cooling, or a car heatercore. The benefits of a heatercore is that it is a LOT cheaper and, in most cases, yields better performance. You will have to do a bit of modding to work with it though.

·
Banned
3,194 Posts
Id reccomend what i have in my sig

works wonderfully

you might not need a tripple radiator though

i like having the reservoir because it is alot easier to fill and is more efficiant IMO

Oh BTW the apogee is great becasue it preforms very well at any flow rate unlike the storm that needs high flow

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
GPU Block too?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah. i also heard that after a while you need to refill the resevoir.. does the stuff evaporate after a while? if so, how long does it take? (how long can it last without it being refilled?)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nah, i got a zalman VF-900 for the gpu, im not too worried about it really.

·
Banned
3,194 Posts
it dosent really evaproate but it mah have a very small leak and over a year or so you will have to top it up

ive had my setup for about a month and have noticed no difference

if your cooling your chipset i have one for sale

its a swiftech one for $19.99

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Might want to fill in your system specs again...

What GPU are you runnin?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by born2killU
Oh BTW the apogee is great becasue it preforms very well at any flow rate unlike the storm that needs high flow
Yes, that's what it is. I forgot

Are you going to mod your case at all to accomodate for a radiator?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
evga 7900GT stock 500/1500 OCed to 550/1600

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nah, no case modding for me.. id be willing to make a couple screw holes, but thats about it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts