Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the title says it all really.

In order to get my chip any higher i need to stick the vcore at 1.7v (its normal operating is 1.4v).

At 1.7v it is 40oc Idle (i havn't load tested it yet but think it will be around 50oC).

Am i pushing it a bit too far?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms
Well the title says it all really.

In order to get my chip any higher i need to stick the vcore at 1.7v (its normal operating is 1.4v).

At 1.7v it is 40oc Idle (i havn't load tested it yet but think it will be around 50oC).

Am i pushing it a bit too far?

I think thats normal!!
With my overclocking of 3.2 to 3.6 Ghz..(just FSB) - the idle is around 45-50...Thats measured using Asus Probe..

·
Registered
579 Posts
That temp on the pressy is no prob but run you fav game for an hour and see if it gets up into the 60s. It probably will... Mine does... Now 1.7 on a pressy is way to much as far as i know... Im suprised it even posts... and really supprised its not at 90C

Oh and NICE OC post some Sandra cpu benchies if ya get the chance. Love to see a 4ghz+ pressy

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB
That temp on the pressy is no prob but run you fav game for an hour and see if it gets up into the 60s. It probably will... Mine does... Now 1.7 on a pressy is way to much as far as i know... Im suprised it even posts... and really supprised its not at 90C

Oh and NICE OC post some Sandra cpu benchies if ya get the chance. Love to see a 4ghz+ pressy
Yeah, well i'm running on water so my temps at the higher vcore's are a little bit more acceptable. Maybe i'll keep away from the 1.7v for the moment, and try and sort it out another way

1 - 4 of 4 Posts