Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrown
GEIL for sure.....no doubt about this one, the reviews on NEWegg look awesome too
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
When comparing RAM I always just check out what Newegg has good reviews on, alos that geil seems it would be better for Ocing, and honestly Ive never heard of Hynix lol

EDIT
Have you ran any benchmarks on your new system.....your owns mine in all aspects =(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

When comparing RAM I always just check out what Newegg has good reviews on, alos that geil seems it would be better for Ocing, and honestly Ive never heard of Hynix lol

EDIT
Have you ran any benchmarks on your new system.....your owns mine in all aspects =(
The reason I asked which ram was better was because people are telling me different things. Like 2 512 sticks are better than just 1 gig stick. Thats why i was going with the Hynix at first, but if I can get more out of the geil i will for sure use it. I dont want to use both the 2 512 sticks and the geil because that will prob just cause problems and cause my system to run poorly.

Havent run any benchmarks yet, still configuring system. Had a prob with my hardrive so i have to delete everything on it and install OS again. Will update you though once I do some benchmarks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Cool Cant you get that geil in 512(X2)?
I already have the 1 gig stick from an old rig

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
ah, I actually have that Geil stick for sale in the FS section. ahah, I thought you were testing the water before wanting to buy, [email protected] It kind of depends what you want to do with your rig. If you like new games then the 1G would be a good start, then you could add another later..
You want to avoid running 4 sticks of memory at any cost, so keep that stick, and upgrade to another one later...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts