Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Desktop with the following configuration:
Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Pro
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930k (2nd Gen) Hexa Core with Noctua NH-D14 cpu cooler
Ram: GSkill Ripjaws Z series 4x4gb =16 gb in quad channel Configuration (1600mhz)
PSU: Corsair TX750 750w
GPU: Zotac GTX 670 amp edition 2gb
Hdd: 1 tb WD Black, 500gb WD green, 400gb WD blue, 80gb samsung
DVD rom: Asus DVD-Rw
Cabinet: Coolermaster haf x

It was running fine since past 5 yrs now all of sudden i turned it on and heard 1 long and 3 short beeps from the motherboard speaker with no display. Tried restarting but same issue. However strangely when the system is on and there is no display, I turn off the system from the button located on the psu or pull the power cable from the psu and reconnect and turn it back on the system boots fine without any issue. And afterwards if I try restarting or turning on from the power switch on the cabinet it works fine. And if I leave it off overnight the next day it's again the same issue. I have to first turn it on from the power button on the cabinet, it will beep and no display and while it's on I have to cycle power from the button on the psu or by pulling the power cable and then it will work again. According to my motherboard manual this beep pattern means no vga detected. I have tried cleaning the pci x16 slot and gpu connectors, even have now put the gpu in pci x16 slot 2. I have also reset the bios to defaults and removed the cmos battery for 10 mins. Still the issue persists. I am totally Confused what is wrong where???

Update after 4 days:
Another strange thing happened today, I started the system and as usual it started with its beeps and I had to cycle power from the power button on the PSU to make it boot properly, but when it rebooted one of my hdds went like on-off-on-off... several times at the boot screen before disappearing from bios. I opened the cabinet and removed and reconnected the power and sata connectors on that particular hdd and it booted fine. Later on checked it in windows with Western digital diagnostic utility (since it's a Wd hdd) and it passed all tests. Could it be the PSU dying??

·
Tank destroyer and a god
2,513 Posts
This sound means issue with graphics.

Try to re-seat it in slot, and check if its connected.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This sound means issue with graphics.

Try to re-seat it in slot, and check if its connected.
I have already done that as I have written above. Its now in slot 2 with the same issue. The system fails to boot once but once it boots it has no issues even playing heavy games.

·
Overclocker in training
14,091 Posts
Hi,
What is all of your equipment connected too ?
Have you tried a different connection for your monitor like in a different outlet... ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts