Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im currently building my new rig. Its got an i9 7900X in it so I need some serious cooling. I had settled on the following, however whilst in the process of modding my case, i have seen that there is easily enough room for a second rad in it, 280mm with enough room for push pull, could be a 60mm rad as well. In the front.

My question is, given the current parts below, could the pump/res combo have the cuts to handle a second radiator in the loop?

And next question, would this really benefit me in the way of cooling capacity?

Thanks

Radiator: EK CoolStream XE 360
Pump/Res: EK XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM
Tubing: EK Matt Black 16/11
Fittings: 6 x EK ACF Fitting 12/16mm - Black
CPU Block: EK-FB MSI X299 GAMING PRO CARBON RGB Monoblock - Nickel
Radiator Fans: 6 x EK Vardar EVO 120ER Black (2200RPM) PUSH PULL
Coolant: De-Ionised Water & Biocide

·
Iconoclast
30,626 Posts
Yes. Radiators generally have very low restriction and adding another will to very little to your flow rates.

I don't expect it to help a huge amount however, except by letting you run quieter while still maintaining temps. A single good 360 radiator should be more than enough for a 7900X.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post

Yes. Radiators generally have very low restriction and adding another will to very little to your flow rates.

I don't expect it to help a huge amount however, except by letting you run quieter while still maintaining temps. A single good 360 radiator should be more than enough for a 7900X.
I was also thinking that it might not add much in way of cooling since ambient is ambient.

Well this loop will have a single 60mm 360 with push pull EK Vardar 2200RPM fans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts