Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10.2 drivers overclocked to 1ghz

10.3 drivers same 1ghz overclock


if your having slow fps or just want a 5-10 fps gain and a bench score boost go ahead and upgrade... i dont regret it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i plan on getting a second one sometime... idk when but sometime and xfireing them
 

·
Melted Cheese
Joined
·
4,186 Posts
Looks like the second is with no AA and the first is with 2x so the account of the difference is AA and not drivers.

At least that is what I get from the information presented to me in the pics.

I can vouch for the drivers though as I have a 3870x2 in my laptop and it made Bad Company 2 really smooth at medium/high settings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Exostenza
View Post

Looks like the second is with no AA and the first is with 2x so the account of the difference is AA and not drivers.

At least that is what I get from the information presented to me in the pics.

I can vouch for the drivers though as I have a 3870x2 in my laptop and it made Bad Company 2 really smooth at medium/high settings.

The second pic has 4x AA


OP - I can vouch for the xfire - I put together a rig for a friend with two 5770's - They're beasts


Edit:

Quote:


Originally Posted by GSingh
View Post

The second one has 4x anisotropy and 0x anti aliasing. The first one has 2x of each.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
The drivers are GREAT for Vantage and other benchmarks. I got a nice 2k GPU point boost. Having said that, the drivers were really bad for me in BFBC2 so I went back to 10.2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,091 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Error 404
View Post

The second pic has 4x AA


OP - I can vouch for the xfire - I put together a rig for a friend with two 5770's - They're beasts


The second one has 4x anisotropy and 0x anti aliasing. The first one has 2x of each.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,570 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by F1ForFrags
View Post



Unigine-Benchmarks (DirectX 11 & Tessellation):
GeForce GTX 470: 29 fps

with 1920x1080
1xAF 0xAA DX11
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
Where do I get the 10.3 beta drivers?

Could someone give me a link? Please.

And btw, nice clock... 1GHz stable? o_O; I can only get 900MHz and it's still not perfect (no crashes but a little artifacting).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,217 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by NCspecV81
View Post

Unigine-Benchmarks (DirectX 11 & Tessellation):
GeForce GTX 470: 29 fps

with 1920x1080
1xAF 0xAA DX11

And where are you getting this info from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Hi all been lurking for awhile now since i got my 1st ATI gfx card now. specs in sig. and i saw this post and figure i would post my finding with my system with 2 different driver and my system.

and this is with the 5870 @ stock clocks no less
10.3 beta

10.2 hot fix


which i saw a huge difference in and even in the call of pripyat bench mark my score went up there as well. not sure if you want that posted here as well but i do have screen shots.

but so far i still prefer the 10.2 hf driver over the 10.3 beta yet my self. in all games i play which includes borderlands and all 3 dlc, mass effect 1 and 2, bf bc2,bf2, bf2142, dirt 2, cod4, cod waw, AvP ,

i reinstalled the 10.3 in hopes it would help with the slow load times in bf bc2 but so far nothing has for me and many other as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by SCAVENGER1
View Post

Hi all been lurking for awhile now since i got my 1st ATI gfx card now. specs in sig. and i saw this post and figure i would post my finding with my system with 2 different driver and my system.

and this is with the 5870 @ stock clocks no less
10.3 beta

10.2 hot fix


which i saw a huge difference in and even in the call of pripyat bench mark my score went up there as well. not sure if you want that posted here as well but i do have screen shots.

but so far i still prefer the 10.2 hf driver over the 10.3 beta yet my self. in all games i play which includes borderlands and all 3 dlc, mass effect 1 and 2, bf bc2,bf2, bf2142, dirt 2, cod4, cod waw, AvP ,

i reinstalled the 10.3 in hopes it would help with the slow load times in bf bc2 but so far nothing has for me and many other as well.

Uh, Your first picture is 3200mhz cpu, the next is 4225...

As far as my 10.3 Experience, I noticed exactly 0% performance gains from 10.2 Which was identical to 10.1 in performance(Brand new windows install for 10.2 and drive cleaned and properly removed and installed 10.3), Vantage mark nearly the same(within 10 points), BFBC2 FPS is the exactly the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Bunneh
View Post

Uh, Your first picture is 3200mhz cpu, the next is 4225...

As far as my 10.3 Experience, I noticed exactly 0% performance gains from 10.2 Which was identical to 10.1 in performance(Brand new windows install for 10.2 and drive cleaned and properly removed and installed 10.3), Vantage mark nearly the same(within 10 points), BFBC2 FPS is the exactly the same.

well actually my cpu has been over clock @ 3.2ghz since i got it and has never been past that yet. not sure why it shows that though but i do know that the cpu clock is 3.2ghz.

since that is its 24/7 speed and i have no idea why it has the cpu speed at 4.225mhz ? since that is something i have never done before. maybe that is why the score was so high?

it gave a high cpu speed so it gave me a high score over all since i normally score in the mid to high 600. as you can see here in this link of screen shots of other bench mark test i have done with other gfx drivers.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1%20benchmark/

i think i need to reinstall the 10.2 hot fix driver and rerun the heaven bench mark and see if this happens again.

thanks for pointing the cpu clock for me i never saw that and none else has either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
just reinstalled the 10.2 hot fix driver since the 10.3 betas was causing bad lag during some heavy fire in bad company 2. and beside i want to see what cause the cpu clock to show that high as well.

well this time it shows the correct cpu clock speed of 3.2ghz


and here is what i normally get for my system now.


i have tried to over clock the 5870 but for some strange reason i can not get the core to go past 900 at all. seem to be the top speed for it and i have tried 3 different over clocking programs trying to do so.

was trying to see if over clocking it would help with speeding up the load times in bad company 2 but i guess mine wont go far enough to help or it doesnt work for me.
 

·
Nothing
Joined
·
4,191 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAVENGER1 View Post
just reinstalled the 10.2 hot fix driver since the 10.3 betas was causing bad lag during some heavy fire in bad company 2. and beside i want to see what cause the cpu clock to show that high as well.

well this time it shows the correct cpu clock speed of 3.2ghz


and here is what i normally get for my system now.


i have tried to over clock the 5870 but for some strange reason i can not get the core to go past 900 at all. seem to be the top speed for it and i have tried 3 different over clocking programs trying to do so.

was trying to see if over clocking it would help with speeding up the load times in bad company 2 but i guess mine wont go far enough to help or it doesnt work for me.
Wow my 5850 is really close to yours with 1920x1080 with 850/1250. Is the 5870 that bad?

I'll get some SS at home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by eternal7trance
View Post

Wow my 5850 is really close to yours with 1920x1080 with 850/1250. Is the 5870 that bad?

I'll get some SS at home.

yeah would like to see a screen shot of what it looks like and compare it to mine. but yeah mine is with my 5870 at stock clock though.

and i do use 8x on AA and AF as well in the benchmark do you?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
10.3 Beta gave me a 300 point increase in 3dmark06 on my crossfire setup. Don't have any other figures on hand right now.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top