Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLVED: Driver's aren't playing nicely in this application with dual monitors and dual GPU at the same time.

Can anyone confirm this? It BSODs during loading. Mostly looking for another 5970 user since it might not do it on the single-GPU cards.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL BSOD everytime I try to launch it after updating to the 10.3 preview. Brand new install of windows, just reformatted an hour ago.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I was going to get these drivers but I won't until "Preview" disappears off their title!

Sorry I can't contribute to this thread more, hehe.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I will be moving to 10.3a's in a bit do I will get back to you with that Murlocke.

Was this with your 930/1225 overclock? If so you did try it on stock right?

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
It keeps crashing when I try to open it. Crashes on the blue menu screen.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucklez
View Post

I will be moving to 10.3a's in a bit do I will get back to you with that Murlocke.

Was this with your 930/1225 overclock? If so you did try it on stock right?

Tried both.

I just tried 3 games, all work fine. So I believe it is directly related to the program. It BSOD's during loading so I don't think it's related to an overclock. Worked fine on 10.2.

The BSOD points to an ati.sys file, so I know it's driver related. However, it seems 5870 and 5850 users don't have this problem.. and i'm not sure about other 5970 users. I dont get why it would BSOD on me but not other people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outcasst
View Post

It keeps crashing when I try to open it. Crashes on the blue menu screen.

The loading screen? That's where my comp BSODs.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: Only crashes in fullscreen mode. Windowed mode runs fine.

I'm blaming this on drivers.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
no problem here running 10.3a ran the heaven bench fullscreen no problems tryed dirt 2 improved my fps by 11fps bc2 improved by 6-7fps so all good here.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by badger6021
View Post

no problem here running 10.3a ran the heaven bench fullscreen no problems tryed dirt 2 improved my fps by 11fps bc2 improved by 6-7fps so all good here.

I think it's related to dual GPU. Fullscreen mode is the only way to utilize both GPUs on the 5970, so by running it in non-fullscreen i'm only using 1 GPU core. (So it's pretty much the same as your 5850).

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by NCspecV81
View Post

I'm not bsod'ing fullscreen. I'm using 2 gpu's +

Not sure what to say, this is a fresh install of windows. I don't see reinstalling the drivers doing anything.. they were installed onto a system that didn't have any sign of ATI drivers yet.

Sadly, even on the same hardware it seems different computers experience different issues. There's still people having tons of gray screens on these drivers... and I don't think i've ever had one.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by NCspecV81
View Post

try everything at stock?

I actually just solved it. It's dual monitors + having dual GPUs. I disable my 2nd monitor and it works fine. I disable one GPU core, its fine. I disable a monitor and use 2 cores, its fine. I can't have both.

Golfclap for ATI, still haven't fixed dual monitor issues. Really getting annoying, I don't know why I didn't think of disabling my other monitor earlier since i've had this issue before with ATI drivers and dual monitors.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
View Post

I actually just solved it. It's dual monitors + having dual GPUs. I disable my 2nd monitor and it works fine. I disable one GPU core, its fine. I disable a monitor and use 2 cores, its fine. I can't have both.

Golfclap for ATI, still haven't fixed dual monitor issues. Really getting annoying, I don't know why I didn't think of disabling my other monitor earlier since i've had this issue before with ATI drivers and dual monitors.

Thats why i prefer NVIDIA cards

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eduardv
View Post

Thats why i prefer NVIDIA cards

Tell me about it. I plan on getting 2x GTX 480s and selling this 5970 whenever the GTX 480s are easily stocked. I never had dual monitor issues on NVIDIA.

I thought i'd give ATI another chance and they've pretty much failed me. I was expecting issues, but this card has been out half a year and i'm still having the same number of issues. Some have been fixed, but they are just replaced with more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts