Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cable recommendations for a cable to connect an RTX 3090 to a LG OLED panel to do 4k 120hz.

I have been looking at a bunch online and it seems there are a lot out there claiming to meet spec but the reviews tell otherwise. I was hoping to find somebody had tested cables in some kind of comparison with benchmarks but couldn't find anything.

These seem to be a good price and some people claim they meet specs from testing. Then others say they cannot do 4K HDR.

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
I was looking at that earlier this morning. Some reviewers claiming issues with it, but overwhelmingly positive. I wonder when we will see actual certified cables.

Maybe I will go with monoprice and figure out how to get my display closer to my gpu. :/
they are claiming to be certified.... thats the issue, lol

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That does indeed seem to be the issue. Many are claiming that they can meet the bandwidth. Hard to say as there are no video cards out that truly use that bandwidth until tomorrow. I know that Amazon will refund if I have an issue, but I wouldn't mind skipping that hassle if possible. I have always had good luck with monoprice but I don't know if I can get away with a 6' cable. First world problems.

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about this one Amazon.com: Club3D CAC-1373 High Speed HDMI Cable 8K 60Hz Up to 10K 120Hz with DSC 1.2, 3 Meter/9,84 Feet Black, Male-Male: Computers & Accessories

I know they make high quality display port cables but I have never used their HDMI cables At least if it doesn't work Amazon is good about returns.
At least Club3D actually produces GPUs. The downside is that they claim it is certified and the box does not appear to have the certification sticker on it. Some of the negative reviews are discouraging as well. But that might just be the one for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I bought an expensive 48Gbps cable last year and pre-wired my TV with it. I really hope it meets spec, lol.

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought an expensive 48Gbps cable last year and pre-wired my TV with it. I really hope it meets spec, lol.
You going to get a 3090 to go with it?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I would look at monoprice. I was looking for a 25ft HDMI that would do 4k60 4:4:4 10-bit and they actually had a certified premium HDMI rating for it. The cord has heavy gage wires and works as advertised. All the other options at the time couldn't do it and had bad reviews ect...

·
Robocop is #1 movie ever
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would look at monoprice. I was looking for a 25ft HDMI that would do 4k60 4:4:4 10-bit and they actually had a certified premium HDMI rating for it. The cord has heavy gage wires and works as advertised. All the other options at the time couldn't do it and had bad reviews ect...
Looking at their website directly and not on amazon, it appears that they make an 8ft cable that is rated for 48gb/s. I have been happy with their stuff in the past, I think I will give the 8ft cable a try.

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts