Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started Folding Team, and I've been running that and World of Warcraft and a few other programs alot; is it bad to be constantly using 100% of your CPU?

·
Banned
218 Posts
not really it could just be reading it wrong too cause I have a 2.8ghz celeron and when I encode something it says 100% usage but I can still do other things just not as quickly. I would only worry if your temps start to go up.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
On dual core, maybe not. I've never seen HT processors go above 80% CPU usage, but I see single core and non HT processors run at 100% all the time. But I've never messed with a dual core processor, but I woulden't think it would be great, but at least you know you are using your CPU to it's full potential!

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Not as long as your temps are good, and with water cooling I'd say you should be golden.

Someidiot, my HT processor is at 100% usage on both "cores" very often, particularly when I am encoding 3+ videos at a time (I often do batches of over 50!) or when I am doing several isntances of stress tests

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
My cpu runs 100% 24/7 folding 2 cores at the same time. As long as your temps are good then the cpu should be able to run for years like that.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How can I get my Folding thing to use 100% CPU. I tried, and it won't use more than 48-51%.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyrox

How can I get my Folding thing to use 100% CPU. I tried, and it won't use more than 48-51%.

you have to run it 2 times.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I heard somewhere that you have to install it again, but in a different folder? Is that true?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyrox

Oh, I heard somewhere that you have to install it again, but in a different folder? Is that true?

Yeah...here's a FAQ that tells you how to:

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/30105-...-most-out.html

And also...I was wondering if you could just run two different instances of [email protected] by having them in two different folders. And if you set the affinity using task manager...would that be the same as setting machine IDs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts