This may be a different form of throttling.... i.e. faulty temp sensor

• Rep+
Reactions: FXTOi7

· Premium Member
6,185 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepahl318
View Post

I thought CnQ is the only power throttling setting... what else would do this? I cant seem to find anything.

Nope. My cousins 1055T was doing the same thing because the minimum power state wasn't set to 100%. Give it a shot.

· Registered
1,430 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I dont see the option to set it to 100%. i can only choose Active or Passive.
On both settings it drops to 1000MHz

Choose the performance option in the power settings.

· Premium Member
6,185 Posts
Didn't even think to look at your board. Yeah I wouldn't even be pushing 4GHz if my board didn't have some kind of cooling on the power side.

Get some of those little heatsinks and plop them on and see if it makes any difference.

Or for the time being try to find a way to jury rig a fan to blow directly on them and see if this still happens.

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbalt89
View Post

Didn't even think to look at your board. Yeah I wouldn't even be pushing 4GHz if my board didn't have some kind of cooling on the power side.

Get some of those little heatsinks and plop them on and see if it makes any difference.

Or for the time being try to find a way to jury rig a fan to blow directly on them and see if this still happens.

Any links to some heatsinks you would recommend? any guide to doing this?

· Premium Member
6,185 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Any links to some heatsinks you would recommend? any guide to doing this?

I don't have any clue as to how the proper way to do it would be but this Enzotech kit seems to have good reviews.

I would see if that helps and also try to get some airflow to them while you're at it. Not sure how the Antec 300 is set up but there's got to be some way to mount a fan to blow near the VRMs.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.