Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run furmark stability test for 21min total.

is 104c VRM too much(?)
All three VDCC are at 100c+

I have a saphhire 5850 with Accelero S1 Rev.2 +120mm scythe.

~14mins VRM is at 100c, for some reason there is a 10s gap where gpu load is at 80% maybe bcs I clicked the gpu-z window(?).

after additional 7min total 21min the VRM is 104c.

the 3mins before end the temp is around 103c couple of 102 and 104c.
last minute is going to 104c, with other words furmark vrm did not stabilize.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
you did the biggest mistake of your life by getting accelero for hd 5000. the vrm heats up like hell. and those tiny heatsinks from ac doesn't help.

i had one 5870, placed small ram heatsinks of vrms. temps hit 130C during 1min furmark run. then i bought vrm r4. they dropped to sub 50s.

either return to stock cooler or buy a thermalright vrm r3,r4 or r5. i don't know if thermalright VRM cooler is compatible with the accelero though.

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
First off, the Volterra PWM can handle temps of up to 125C and still be 100% stable. Secondly, no game is ever going to stress your card as much as Furmark. There is nothing to worry about

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

First off, the Volterra PWM can handle temps of up to 125C and still be 100% stable. Secondly, no game is ever going to stress your card as much as Furmark. There is nothing to worry about

ty for info, would adding another 5850 make any bad difference or is it still good to go

assuming both cards hold 105c from 21min of furmark.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

umm i don't think so dopamin. i saw with my own eyes that playing 30 mins of empire total war (sea battle) caused my card stop working and show driver failure. later i found out from gpu-z logs that vrm temps was over 120C. that was when i had little ram sinks on vrm.

but of course my card was 5870 not 5850.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think gaming will not go past 100c, I'm holding my thumbs up to not have higher VRM temps soon when I crossfire

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fwiw, I have installed [email protected] bottom fan in case and moved the other typhoon 660-880 closer to the VRM.

now the peak VRM for the saphire is 69c and core 60c after 45min of DIRT 2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts