1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by v1ral View Post
hmm.. is it out yet.?
Nope, it's not out yet.

Looking at some of the newegg reviews, some people have complained of frying the MSI board you're buying when overclocking due to inadequate cooling on the PWMs and MOSFETs.

However, looking at the heatsinks they stuck onto the motherboard, it's probably because they ramped up the voltage to ridiculous levels.

I'd go for the 1055t myself, an unlocked multipler and a higher stock clock isn't worth the $120, when both are known to hit over 4 Ghz. I mean, the 1090t will be easier and may have slightly more headroom. But 100 Mhz higher overclock and less time tweaking doesn't warrant the extra $120 imo.

The one thing you may want to look out for though, is that the BIOS that ships with the motherboard may not support the Hex Core Phenoms out of the box. So you'll probably need to find a newer BIOS revision on the MSI website.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by v1ral View Post
I am building a small form factor pc and I am caught between these two hexa cores.
the 1055 is about 180.. and the 1090 BE is about 300
How easy is it to overclock..
I will be using MSI's micro 890GXM motherboard as well as an H50.
so what will it be guys....
amd 1055t is better value for money but amd 1090t be is a better overclocked

·
Scrub since 2010
1,837 Posts
I'd suggest the 1090t, but if you decided on the 1055t... make sure its the 95w version

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts

·
Pinoy po mga koya
7,524 Posts
1055t is clearly the better buy. both overclock at 4-4.1ghz at air so there's no sense of buyig a 1090t unless you're gonna go water cooling. and this is coming from a guy who owns a 1090t

·
Banned
994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jprovido View Post
1055t is clearly the better buy. both overclock at 4-4.1ghz at air so there's no sense of buyig a 1090t unless you're gonna go water cooling. and this is coming from a guy who owns a 1090t
How do I overclock mine to 4.4?

·
Pinoy po mga koya
7,524 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ulawe View Post
How do I overclock mine to 4.4?

·
Registered
810 Posts
i bought a 1075t yesterday. good chip so far. finished a 12hr prime run this morning @4050mhz cpu-nb-3000mhz ht-link-3000mhz . working on 4.2 atm. i couldn't pass up that deal at fry's. $179.99
LL
LL

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow great responses..
Okay with the motherboard not overclocking well or what not..
Any suggestions on a nice overclocking friendly Matx board?
I won't be going crazy with it.. maybe 4.0~4.2 ish.
Right now I am trying to tighten up the price I have atm it's around 1k without gpu..which i'll decide on later..
Another thing.. the choice in gpu is dictated by the case..What case will fit a normal gpu e.g GTX 470/480..5850/5870?
I may just get a mini tower type case instead of a cube'ish type case cause it's pretty hard to decide on it.
Thanks for you time.
v1ral

1 - 20 of 31 Posts