Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the msi k9a2 platinum...obviously
well i have looked up on this topic and i have heard there is a beta bios for this cpu. my question is how to i get this. i cannot seem to find it here:
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=pr...2&maincat_no=1
so a link for beta bios would be great

also i have never done a bios flash so any tips are helpful
thanks

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
If it has a Phoenix Award bios (which I'm assuming it does), forget it.

Phoenix is not making bios code to support Thuban on DDR2 motherboards. They are only releasing it on some DDR3 boards. Looks like AMI is the future. I can't believe they just stopped supporting it...

Source for these learnings.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

If it has a Phoenix Award bios (which I'm assuming it does), forget it.

Phoenix is not making bios code to support Thuban on DDR2 motherboards. They are only releasing it on some DDR3 boards. Looks like AMI is the future. I can't believe they just stopped supporting it...

Source for these learnings.

nope luckily it has an american megatrends bios

also im tired of hearing this and that. end of june and all this jazz
im contacting msi myself to find out for sure

EDIT: well got in touch with msi over the phone and wasent much help. apparently tech support does not have info on bios release dates. i also asked about a beta bios and no go there either. i suppose its not really his fault though. guess i will wait and see

·
Registered
668 Posts
The latest bios secretly has 1055t support. Here's the link to the MSI site to download it.

Also, some people have also been testing this BIOS since it was beta version (Here's one of the many links at the MSI forum).

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
A lot of the older AM2/AM2+ motherboards don't have "official" CPU support for the Thubans, but they will run them just the same. You will be limited by your mobo's ability to run all the features, but it should still have plenty of options for tweaking and tuning.
Here is a thread that has lots of evidence of that - http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherb...-sli-club.html

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The beta bios runs x6's fine. I tested my K9A2 plat v2 with a 1090t and it ran fine at stock and 4.0. No turbocore options in the bios, have to use AOD for that.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ionstorm66 View Post
The beta bios runs x6's fine. I tested my K9A2 plat v2 with a 1090t and it ran fine at stock and 4.0. No turbocore options in the bios, have to use AOD for that.
I was wondering if the bios only supported the 1055t. But now that I know it supports a 1090t I might start saving for one. This K9A2 Platinum has paid for itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts