Votes: 26 46.4%

Votes: 5 8.9%

Votes: 3 5.4%

Votes: 1 1.8%
321 - 340 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just checked my saved OC profile and of course I was using 1.275V at last and not 2.75...
Phew!

My son's PC is running stable @ 5Ghz on an MSI A Pro (on air) which is a lower spec than your MB. I also have to set LLC to Auto for some reason as it doesn't like it on a manual setting even though auto is meant to be equivalent to an actual number which I can't remember off the top of my head.
Very interesting about auto LLC being more stable than the supposedly equivalent MSI LLC 3. I stopped using Auto LLC months ago.... maybe I should look again on my MSI A PRO. I want to hit that magic 5.0 GHz!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here is my result. MSI z490 a pro with a be Quiet Shadow Rock 3. Two fans. 4.9 GHz -1 CPU ratio offset. 1.295v and peaks at 1.31v under load. 30 minutes in OCCT Linus test. No errors. Temp peaks at lower 90s. At 5 GHz with -1 CPU ratio offset, I need min of 1.36v to maintain any stability and error free test. The temp peaks at 97 degree in 5 minutes. I am settling at 4.9 GHz and just not worth it to get it up to 5 GHz with all the extra heat....

·
old school 386 OC
11 Posts
Chose 10600kf over 5600x due to value and OC fun, and I think I got lucky with lottery.

I didn't get much time to fully play with it so far, but here are initial results which are stable with daily work + gaming usage.

Hardware: MSI z490m s01 + 10600kf + Corsair vengeance rgb pro 32000 + Thermalright FS140
Settings: 5.1Ghz (with speed step all on) with -1 avx and 4700 ring at fixed 1.28v and Ram with xmp 3200 @ 1.35v
Temps: peaked at 78 c during benchmark.

Its probably not rock stable, but so far it ran fine during the weekend.
Plan to do further benchmark and tuning Ram and ring speed when I get more time.

Oh for fun and giggles I tried 5.2 with -1avx and 1.35v and it ran cinebench r20 runs 5 times fine ( finally went over 4000 score ). but when I tried with 1.34 , it crashed on first run.
And I tried 5.3 , it booted into windows!!!! but crashed when i tried cinebench.

I would be happier with cooler + quieter 5.1 than noisy 5.2 anyway.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Chose 10600kf over 5600x due to value and OC fun, and I think I got lucky with lottery.

I didn't get much time to fully play with it so far, but here are initial results which are stable with daily work + gaming usage.

Hardware: MSI z490m s01 + 10600kf + Corsair vengeance rgb pro 32000 + Thermalright FS140
Settings: 5.1Ghz (with speed step all on) with -1 avx and 4700 ring at fixed 1.28v and Ram with xmp 3200 @ 1.35v
Temps: peaked at 78 c during benchmark.

Its probably not rock stable, but so far it ran fine during the weekend.
Plan to do further benchmark and tuning Ram and ring speed when I get more time.

Oh for fun and giggles I tried 5.2 with -1avx and 1.35v and it ran cinebench r20 runs 5 times fine ( finally went over 4000 score ). but when I tried with 1.34 , it crashed on first run.
And I tried 5.3 , it booted into windows!!!! but crashed when i tried cinebench.

I would be happier with cooler + quieter 5.1 than noisy 5.2 anyway.
Your stomping on a 3600x and close to 5600x speeds

·
Registered
11 Posts
Happiness is a new motherboard: in this case GIGABYTE Z490 VISION G 1.1. And along with it:
CPU = i5-10600K
DRAM = 2x 8G G.Skill 4266 DDR4 sticks (F4-4266C19D-16GTZR).

CPU cooling is one of those 'radiators' with 4 liquid tubes cooling the chip, and a bolted-on fan cooling the tubes. Is this considered "liquid cooled", or do I need the kind where the radiator is not bolted onto the chip?

The DRAM XMP profile is 4266, 19-19-19-39-58-2T, 1.40v. After setting 1.45v, I was able to pass over 1 hour memtest86+ at these faster settings: 4400, 17-17-17-33-58-2T, 1.45v, which I've used over a week now.

From reading this forum, I decided to start CPU clocking at 50x/47x, and find voltage and power settings to support this popular speed. The VISION BIOS has 2 LLC settings which each have a profound effect on how quickly the CPU runs up to 94C (CPU Thermal Threshold setting) during Prime95 (Small FFT).

AC/DC LLC has 4 fixed settings: Power Saving, Performance, Turbo, Extreme.
LLC has 7 fixed settings: Standard, Low, Medium, High, Turbo, Extreme, Ultra Extreme.

Great. Only 28 combinations to test with Vcore settings. 2 days later, from systematically testing LLC settings to see which ran Small FFT Prime95 the coolest, I found that just a few combinations worked better than all the others:

Vcore1.3271.3181.2481.233
AC/DC LLC4 (Power Save)4 (Power Save)3 (Performance)3 (Performance)
LLC5 (Medium)4 (High)6 (Low)5 (Medium)
Toverheat13s14s17s13s

I picked the 3 / 6 LLC settings to run more thorough testing for the correct Vcore, and found joy at:
Vcore = 1.310; VCCSA = auto; VAXG = auto.
This ran Prime95 Large FFT for over an hour w/o errors.

After more hours of trying to fix VCCSA and VAXG voltages, I discovered that setting VCCSA to "imitate" the auto setting let me run a lower Vcore and still pass:
Vcore = 1.285; VCCSA = 1.360; VAXG = auto.

And following advice of other clockers on this thread, I have:
V.Mode = Override
Vcore Offset = Normal (0v)
Enhanced Multi-Core Perf. = Disabled
BCLK Adaptive V = Enabled
Rest of V and PLL Settings = Auto

All the settings marked in bold are my current best, and testing for hours with Prime95 and Memtest86+ has made me confident of stability. But this is my "first pass" result, so I did not vote it into the poll above. I still want to see if I can squeak more speed out of the CPU and maybe hit 51x/48x or higher.

Thanks to all who shared their OC settings; you saved me lots of preliminary testing time. Actually, you made it possible for me to address the 28 frecken LLC settings before it was all obsolesced. :)

·
old school 386 OC
11 Posts
That's fantastic cpu and great detail !!! thanks alot.

I will first need to do further stability , is prime95 best to test cpu/memory? hope you can also push yours futher, it will be a guide for me.

edit: but are these numbers right?

???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Happiness is a new motherboard: in this case GIGABYTE Z490 VISION G 1.1. And along with it:
CPU = i5-10600K
DRAM = 2x 8G G.Skill 4266 DDR4 sticks (F4-4266C19D-16GTZR).

CPU cooling is one of those 'radiators' with 4 liquid tubes cooling the chip, and a bolted-on fan cooling the tubes. Is this considered "liquid cooled", or do I need the kind where the radiator is not bolted onto the chip?

The DRAM XMP profile is 4266, 19-19-19-39-58-2T, 1.40v. After setting 1.45v, I was able to pass over 1 hour memtest86+ at these faster settings: 4400, 17-17-17-33-58-2T, 1.45v, which I've used over a week now.

From reading this forum, I decided to start CPU clocking at 50x/47x, and find voltage and power settings to support this popular speed. The VISION BIOS has 2 LLC settings which each have a profound effect on how quickly the CPU runs up to 94C (CPU Thermal Threshold setting) during Prime95 (Small FFT).

AC/DC LLC has 4 fixed settings: Power Saving, Performance, Turbo, Extreme.
LLC has 7 fixed settings: Standard, Low, Medium, High, Turbo, Extreme, Ultra Extreme.

Great. Only 28 combinations to test with Vcore settings. 2 days later, from systematically testing LLC settings to see which ran Small FFT Prime95 the coolest, I found that just a few combinations worked better than all the others:

AC/DC LLC4 (Power Save)4 (Power Save)3 (Performance)3 (Performance)
LLC5 (Medium)4 (High)6 (Low)5 (Medium)
Toverheat13s14s17s13s

I picked the 3 / 6 LLC settings to run more thorough testing for the correct Vcore, and found joy at:
Vcore = 1.310; VCCSA = auto; VAXG = auto.
This ran Prime95 Large FFT for over an hour w/o errors.

After more hours of trying to fix VCCSA and VAXG voltages, I discovered that setting VCCSA to "imitate" the auto setting let me run a lower Vcore and still pass:
Vcore = 1.285; VCCSA = 1.360; VAXG = auto.

And following advice of other clockers on this thread, I have:
V.Mode = Override
Vcore Offset = Normal (0v)
Enhanced Multi-Core Perf. = Disabled
BCLK Adaptive V = Enabled
Rest of V and PLL Settings = Auto

All the settings marked in bold are my current best, and testing for hours with Prime95 and Memtest86+ has made me confident of stability. But this is my "first pass" result, so I did not vote it into the poll above. I still want to see if I can squeak more speed out of the CPU and maybe hit 51x/48x or higher.

Thanks to all who shared their OC settings; you saved me lots of preliminary testing time. Actually, you made it possible for me to address the 28 frecken LLC settings before it was all obsolesced. :)
Are the graph stats for the x50 core mult and 47 ring?
If so thats really good
I also have the 10600k and the vision g board but my cpu wont even get into windows unless the voltage is 1.38 ( medium llc, on 5ghz all core)
Do you have any tips on how to get to 5ghz?

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's fantastic cpu and great detail !!! thanks alot.

I will first need to do further stability , is prime95 best to test cpu/memory? hope you can also push yours futher, it will be a guide for me.

edit: but are these numbers right?

???
Yes, I like Prime95 for CPU testing, but not memory testing. I also like to have reliable memory settings before I start on cpu. Nothing is worse than troubleshooting when 2 things are broken at once. I use Memtest86+ and the Windows memory test from Administrator Tools for memory testing.

My rig will handle Large FFT testing in P95 without running into thermal protection; but Small FFT testing sends my cpu into thermal protection in less than 20 seconds (Toverheat in my table). When I got those Vcore values in the table, my test procedure was to run Small FFT testing for 20-30 seconds and measure how fast my CPU reached thermal limit (94c). If the test failed or froze, the result was tossed. If it lasted the full 20-30s, I measured how many seconds to overheat, and made a note. I was looking for the 2 LLC values which would be easiest to overclock with.

So when I tried AC/DC LLC = 3 (Performance) and LLC = 6 (Low), I found Vcore 1.248 lasted 20-30s without error. But it took a full 17 seconds to overheat at these LLC values. That was the coolest run of all the LLC combinations I tried. That entire table is based on just 20-30s of 'hot Prime' testing.

Once I found those coolest LLC values (3/6), I wound up pushing Vcore up to 1.310 (as mentioned) to make it work for a FULL HOUR of P95 Large FFT testing. Then I found a value for VCCSA which let me run an even lower Vcore: 1.285v And that's where I am now.

I double-checked my post with my notes and current BIOS values, and the numbers are all correct in my prior post. So I am hoping that other VISION owners can get this result too.

HardStroke, If you can't get it to work at LLC = 5 (Medium), then what is your AC/DC LLC set to? In my table above, I had success with LLC=5 only when AC/DC LLC=3 or 4 (the first and last columns in my table above). But I found LLC=6 ran coolest with AC/DC LLC=3.

My tip on how to get to 5GHz: start there! :) Once I read a couple of others got 50x working on VISION, I assumed I could too. I never even tried 49x. And it was doing 48x out-of-the-box.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, I like Prime95 for CPU testing, but not memory testing. I also like to have reliable memory settings before I start on cpu. Nothing is worse than troubleshooting when 2 things are broken at once. I use Memtest86+ and the Windows memory test from Administrator Tools for memory testing.

My rig will handle Large FFT testing in P95 without running into thermal protection; but Small FFT testing sends my cpu into thermal protection in less than 20 seconds (Toverheat in my table). When I got those Vcore values in the table, my test procedure was to run Small FFT testing for 20-30 seconds and measure how fast my CPU reached thermal limit (94c). If the test failed or froze, the result was tossed. If it lasted the full 20-30s, I measured how many seconds to overheat, and made a note. I was looking for the 2 LLC values which would be easiest to overclock with.

So when I tried AC/DC LLC = 3 (Performance) and LLC = 6 (Low), I found Vcore 1.248 lasted 20-30s without error. But it took a full 17 seconds to overheat at these LLC values. That was the coolest run of all the LLC combinations I tried. That entire table is based on just 20-30s of 'hot Prime' testing.

Once I found those coolest LLC values (3/6), I wound up pushing Vcore up to 1.310 (as mentioned) to make it work for a FULL HOUR of P95 Large FFT testing. Then I found a value for VCCSA which let me run an even lower Vcore: 1.285v And that's where I am now.

I double-checked my post with my notes and current BIOS values, and the numbers are all correct in my prior post. So I am hoping that other VISION owners can get this result too.

HardStroke, If you can't get it to work at LLC = 5 (Medium), then what is your AC/DC LLC set to? In my table above, I had success with LLC=5 only when AC/DC LLC=3 or 4 (the first and last columns in my table above). But I found LLC=6 ran coolest with AC/DC LLC=3.
Can both vccsa and vccio help find a lower vcore voltage?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can both vccsa and vccio help find a lower vcore voltage?
I haven't messed with VCCIO yet; mine is still on auto. But yes, setting VCCSA from auto to 1.360 caused my testing to run hotter, AND caused Vcore to reach higher maximums during testing Then, lowering Vcore from 1.310 to 1.285 brought the temp and Vcore maximums back down to 'normal' again, and lasted over an hour.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I haven't messed with VCCIO yet; mine is still on auto.
What is your VCCIO reported in HWiNFO64? At the memory clocks you are running, I would be worried it is automatically set high enough to degrade the IMC. I once ran a 4500 MHz CL17 "MemoryTryIt!" MSI RAM profile with VCCSA and VCCIO on auto. I was super happy when the PC booted just fine, but when I checked in HWiNFO I saw that my motherboard had set SA/IO voltages in the range 1.4/1.55 V! I have never rebooted as fast in my life. I dropped back to manually setting 1.2 V on VCCSA and VCCIO at 4000 MHz Cl14 as that gave me the best latency (and avoided scary voltages). I am hoping that the IMCs on 11th Gen need less voltage for higher frequencies, because I think my RAM kit can do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is your VCCIO reported in HWiNFO64? At the memory clocks you are running, I would be worried it is automatically set high enough to degrade the IMC. I once ran a 4500 MHz CL17 "MemoryTryIt!" MSI RAM profile with VCCSA and VCCIO on auto. I was super happy when the PC booted just fine, but when I checked in HWiNFO I saw that my motherboard had set SA/IO voltages in the range 1.4-1.5 V! I have never rebooted as fast in my life. I dropped back to manually setting 1.2 V on VCCSA and VCCIO at 4000 MHz Cl14 as that gave me the best latency (and avoided scary voltages). I am hoping that the IMCs on 11th Gen need less voltage for higher frequencies, because I think my RAM kit can do it.
Wow! And I haven't even seen my VCCIO in real-time yet. I have been using HwInfo64 also, because I love how it tracks the min./max. of everything. But I can't find my VCCIO voltage on it. Let me try some screen shots...

Those are my core voltages.

More CPU voltages which don't seem to track properly (except VID)...

And this is where I read my Vcore and VCCSA. Do you see my VCCIO in there under another label? These screenshots are all taken with P95 running Large FFTs on all 6 cores (not HyperThreading), and 4 browser tabs open including a real-time price chart.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow! And I haven't even seen my VCCIO in real-time yet. I have been using HwInfo64 also, because I love how it tracks the min./max. of everything. But I can't find my VCCIO voltage on it. Let me try some screen shots...

View attachment 2476940
Those are my core voltages.

View attachment 2476941
More CPU voltages which don't seem to track properly (except VID)...

View attachment 2476942
And this is where I read my Vcore and VCCSA. Do you see my VCCIO in there under another label? These screenshots are all taken with P95 running Large FFTs on all 6 cores (not HyperThreading), and 4 browser tabs open including a real-time price chart.
where did you find ac/dc voltage control in bios?
i cant find it for some reason
i have bios version F6 (manually updated)

·
Registered
11 Posts
where did you find ac/dc voltage control in bios?
i cant find it for some reason
i have bios version F6 (manually updated)
I'm on bios F8c, but I would expect you have this in F6 too. In BIOS, make sure you are in advanced view (F2). Go to the Tweaker Screen. At the bottom of that, open Advanced Voltage Settings. At the bottom of that, open CPU/VRM Settings. On this screen, the top two choices are AC/DC LLC and LLC. Here's a photo showing the actual terminology:

It seems the MSI board owners only have 6 or 7 LCC settings to check out. Our VISION boards have 4 AC/DC LLC settings, plus 7 Vcore LLC settings, for a total of 28 combinations. And since each had a large effect on the CPU "ramp-up" power curve, I felt the need to check out all the combinations (most, actually). Think of it as finding the right gear on a 28-speed semi truck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm on bios F8c, but I would expect you have this in F6 too. In BIOS, make sure you are in advanced view (F2). Go to the Tweaker Screen. At the bottom of that, open Advanced Voltage Settings. At the bottom of that, open CPU/VRM Settings. On this screen, the top two choices are AC/DC LLC and LLC. Here's a photo showing the actual terminology:
View attachment 2476968

It seems the MSI board owners only have 6 or 7 LCC settings to check out. Our VISION boards have 4 AC/DC LLC settings, plus 7 Vcore LLC settings, for a total of 28 combinations. And since each had a large effect on the CPU "ramp-up" power curve, I felt the need to check out all the combinations (most, actually). Think of it as finding the right gear on a 28-speed semi truck.
Thought it would be there
I dont have it
Ill just run a quick bioa update, not a big deal
Already did that before
Worst case scenario, ill have a new cutting board ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
View attachment 2476968

Well, turns out it was just some profile thing
I was on my 4.9ghz oc profile and i wasnt able to see this setting
So i just updated for no reason, and lost my 3 profiles for no reason
Niiiice
Ill try your setting now to see what kind of scores and i get and if my chip will even do that

·
Registered
39 Posts

My tip on how to get to 5GHz: start there! :) Once I read a couple of others got 50x working on VISION, I assumed I could too. I never even tried 49x. And it was doing 48x out-of-the-box.
Well, I've tried it now

Before I procced, those are my full specs:
Corsair H100X 240mm AIO - top mounted (needs a tiny tiny bit of cleaning since I didn't really have time to clean it but its not that bad)
Z490 Vision G, Bios F8c, just updated

x2 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz CL18 2x8GB (32GB in total)
Running at 3600MHz CL17-21-21-41, 1.35v - didn't really want to mess with it when trying to get a stable cpu overclock but I do have profile that's really tight in the secondary timings area, currently not applied
One is a Samsung B-die kid and the other one is Micron E-die, B-die can do even tighter secondary timings then what i have set for them both (not set right now)
3600MHz CL16-18-18-38 is unbootable, or boots at 3200MHz idk why - even at 1.45v which is actually kinda weird because at 3600MHz there are quite some kits at CL16 with CL16-16-16-36 at 1.35v but I guess they are just a high quality silicon
3600MHz CL14-15-15-35, nice joke, no way
but it does 3200MHz cl16-18-18-38 just like a normal 3200MHz CL16 kit

RTX 2080 AORUS
Corsair 275R Airflow - front panel and both top and front dust filters are off, i want that extra air intake and exhaust flow (al fans are cleaned)
Antec HCG 850W PSU

First of all, I'm using c20 to test for stability, and games like forza, csgo (yeah...) and cyberpunk
I'm actually impressed by your settings because with your settings I was actually able to run c20 without any crashes
but, my cpu was cocking at 100C
Vcore reading was 1.476 and VR VOUT reading was 1.42 which is better
I didn't complete the run because I stopped it, I don't want to burn my cpu
maybe ill try reapplying the thermal paste as its been the same for 6 months and I was testing a lot of settings, 4.8GHZ, 4.9GHZ, 5GHZ on all cores and sometimes the voltage wasnt really cpu friendly
vccsa was 1.33 at max so I think I can play with it a a bit and if I do should I try lowering the voltage?

321 - 340 of 375 Posts