Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE: Admin if my post is not in right spot please move it where it should be, since i'm new here. Thank you.

Hello Overclock members , I am completely new to this site and I was planning to keep an eye on this wonderful website because it has many information to learn from!
However, a while ago I have decided to build my own gaming PC with the 10700k cpu , now i wasn't really an overclocker but i can understand any computer thing pretty easily and i managed to overclock my cpu with my Z490 Aorus Ultra mobo to 5.1 ghz but I'm still learning and wants you guys to see my benchmarks if they are good or not and if there's something i need to consider or any other tips to give for me, i would be more than happy for your comments!
Just to be sure what should i turn off in BIOS and what not?
HTT - OFF

Software used: R20
HWINFO64

R20 5258 pts
AIO: NZXT X73 360MM
Pump is at silent mode
PSU:CORSAIR RMX 850W
Case: Lian-Li dynamic 011 + 3 arctic F-120 as intake fans
Room temp: 25c
Mobo: Z490 Aorus Ultra

Appreciate your replays.

Benchmark attached

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
NOTE: Admin if my post is not in right spot please move it where it should be, since i'm new here. Thank you.

Hello Overclock members , I am completely new to this site and I was planning to keep an eye on this wonderful website because it has many information to learn from!
However, a while ago I have decided to build my own gaming PC with the 10700k cpu , now i wasn't really an overclocker but i can understand any computer thing pretty easily and i managed to overclock my cpu with my Z490 Aorus Ultra mobo to 5.1 ghz but I'm still learning and wants you guys to see my benchmarks if they are good or not and if there's something i need to consider or any other tips to give for me, i would be more than happy for your comments!
HTT - OFF

HWINFO64

R20 5258 pts
Pump is at silent mode

Appreciate your replays.

Benchmark attached View attachment 2479569 View attachment 2479570 View attachment 2479571 View attachment 2479572 View attachment 2479573 View attachment 2479574
did you stress test it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

HTT - OFF

HWINFO64

R20 5258 pts
Pump is at silent mode

Appreciate your replays.

Benchmark attached View attachment 2479569 View attachment 2479570 View attachment 2479571 View attachment 2479572 View attachment 2479573 View attachment 2479574
LLC IS AT medium

·
Robotic Chemist
3,301 Posts
I agree, Aida64 needs a good 24h before I would count it stable. Also use other loads/games before you decide. I like x265 or Handbrake H.265 encoding of something in 4K too.

Judging stability aside, your memory timings are pretty loose but the core OC looks good to me.

It runs at that 1.296 V while under load? If it runs higher than that under load I might drop LLC one step, if you can get away with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not quite long enough but every thing looks good to me. good job on your oc
It's true , as a correction HTT is enabled and MCE is disabled , does that makes any difference?

I agree, Aida64 needs a good 24h before I would count it stable. Also use other loads/games before you decide. I like x265 or Handbrake H.265 encoding of something in 4K too.

Judging stability aside, your memory timings are pretty loose but the core OC looks good to me.

It runs at that 1.296 V while under load? If it runs higher than that under load I might drop LLC one step, if you can get away with it.
Yes you are right Aida64 need more time but unfortunately I couldn't find much time to leave my PC since I'm working from home!
I play COD Warezone and I'm getting solid performance so far no crashes , I will consider your recommendation for the encoding in 4k and i will be uploading this in future for sure.
For the memory timings I'm really familiar with this , can you please explain me what is the issue exactly? MY RAM IS: G.Skill 32gb 3600mhz cl16.

Max V reached is 1.316V as shown with VT Vout results and Yes it is under full load.

I will drop the LLC and try again and see if it crash or not.

Thank you for your replay and advice

·
Robotic Chemist
3,301 Posts
For the memory timings I'm really familiar with this , can you please explain me what is the issue exactly? MY RAM IS: G.Skill 32gb 3600mhz cl16.
I was just thinking that the memory timings looked un-tuned. If you wanted to go deeper that would be my next step. :)

Perhaps 17/18 instead of 19? Can you run at 1T? Bump DDR voltage to 1.45 V or so, lower it after you find how low the timings can go or 1.45V is very safe and you can see your memory temperatures. Trfc might be able to go lower? There are lots of other sub timings too! :D

This is a lot of work for the amount of performance gained compared to core overclocking, so only recommended if you feel like it or it is fun, it isn't required for a great experience. There is real performance to be gained, but it is a lot more complicated.

Max V reached is 1.316V as shown with VT Vout results and Yes it is under full load.
If it is running at 1.314V instead of 1.255 V under load I would definitely lower LCC a step or two. At least a bit of droop under load is good (maybe 0.03-.05V).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just thinking that the memory timings looked un-tuned. If you wanted to go deeper that would be my next step. :)

Perhaps 17/18 instead of 19? Can you run at 1T? Bump DDR voltage to 1.45 V or so, lower it after you find how low the timings can go. Trfc might be able to go lower? There are lots of other sub timings too! :D

This is a lot of work for the amount of performance gained compared to core overclocking, so only recommended if you feel like it or it is fun, it isn't required for a great experience. There is real performance to be gained, but it is a lot more complicated.

If it is running at 1.314V instead of 1.255 V under load I would definitely lower LCC a step or two. At least a bit of droop under load is good (maybe 0.03-.05V).
I would definitely would like to do it IF I learn it well since I'm a newbie 😆 , I want to achieve every single performance out of my RAM of course otherwise why buying g.skill if I'm not planning to Overclock it or gaining more performance from it.

If you can assist it with that by a PDF guide or a video I would be much appreciate it but of course the main reason for it would be gaming on warzone and some other heavy games!

·
Robotic Chemist
3,301 Posts
Memory could probably be pushed pretty far. I would actually start with the clock, can you get to 4000 MHz?

This is actually a pretty good start.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Memory could probably be pushed pretty far. I would actually start with the clock, can you get to 4000 MHz?

Great stuff, Thanks for sharing.
My RAM is a Hynix one so i’m not entirely sure if i can achieve 4000mhz! 🧐
RAM model attached.
I will start doing the overclocking by Tomorrow and i will keep you updated.

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,937 Posts
At the same voltage at load I am getting 100+ points more on CB20 and at max core temperatures just below 70c (23c ambient). Cinebench seems sensitive to the ring frequency and I am running multiplier 48. so that probably explains the difference in CB20 scores. Looking good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Great stuff, Thanks for sharing.
My RAM is a Hynix one so i’m not entirely sure if i can achieve 4000mhz! 🧐
RAM model attached.
I will start doing the overclocking by Tomorrow and i will keep you updated.

PC won't boot at 4000mhz unless i go at 1.5 Volt which i did but the timings where higher once i switch it from 3600 to 4000 ,i think i need to read more about ram overclocking so i can understand every definition what does it mean!

At the same voltage at load I am getting 100+ points more on CB20 and at max core temperatures just below 70c (23c ambient). Cinebench seems sensitive to the ring frequency and I am running multiplier 48. so that probably explains the difference in CB20 scores. Looking good.
Cinebench is sensitive to any background softwares running!
However, i just went down with my voltages and everything is okay at 1.275 vcore , what do you have disabled i mean HTT ,MCE,INTEL SPEED SHIFT TECHNOLOGY ,Turbo boost?

·
Robotic Chemist
3,301 Posts
HTT, MCE and Turbo boost should be left on in normal circumstances.

Speed Shift is optional, more of a power saving feature.

PC won't boot at 4000mhz unless i go at 1.5 Volt which i did but the timings where higher once i switch it from 3600 to 4000 ,i think i need to read more about ram overclocking so i can understand every definition what does it mean!
The timings are in clock cycles but the limits of memory are based on real time so timings will always need to be looser at higher frequencies. You need at least 11.1% higher timings at 4000 v.s. 3600 to get the same real time delay for the memory.

·
Optimal Pessimist
2,937 Posts
Cinebench is sensitive to any background softwares running!
However, i just went down with my voltages and everything is okay at 1.275 vcore , what do you have disabled i mean HTT ,MCE,INTEL SPEED SHIFT TECHNOLOGY ,Turbo boost?
I have HTT enabled , speedshift enable, C-states down to C7 enabledturbo boost enable, fixed 5.1 GHz

I do run CineBench at elevated priority (High) because it is sensitive to background processes. That eliminates interference pretty well.

·
Registered
10900k / 3090
156 Posts
@Minioverclocker Play a couple of hours of Apex Legends with HWinfo open, see how many WHEA errors you get. Or if you have Ghostrunner play the level 'the climb' all the way through in dx12 mode with RT ON, and again see if there's any WHEA errors.

I think you and I may both be interested in the result.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HTT, MCE and Turbo boost should be left on in normal circumstances.

Speed Shift is optional, more of a power saving feature.

The timings are in clock cycles but the limits of memory are based on real time so timings will always need to be looser at higher frequencies. You need at least 11.1% higher timings at 4000 v.s. 3600 to get the same real time delay for the memory.
So what settings would you suggest for my RAM model? and I am going to gain noticeable performance in games if I overclock it to 4000mhz?

I have HTT enabled , speedshift enable, C-states down to C7 enabledturbo boost enable, fixed 5.1 GHz

I do run CineBench at elevated priority (High) because it is sensitive to background processes. That eliminates interference pretty well.
I got 110+ points more when elevating priority to High :D Thank dude.

@Minioverclocker Play a couple of hours of Apex Legends with HWinfo open, see how many WHEA errors you get. Or if you have Ghostrunner play the level 'the climb' all the way through in dx12 mode with RT ON, and again see if there's any WHEA errors.

I think you and I may both be interested in the result.

Once i got time i will do it for you for sure :)

·
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
456 Posts
For comparison ... 5371 and higher are my 5.1 / 4.7 scores, 5268 and lower are my 5.0 / 4.6 scores.

5268 is even on normal priority.

See sign for setup.

·
Just hangin' out
1,309 Posts

·
Senior Overclocker
5,063 Posts

That is just too much. 24Hrs of Aida is just torturing your CPU.
You can loop Cinebech for 30 min, do a couple of hours of Realbench and you're good to go.
Mine never failed in anything so far, games or otherwise. Can't go lower on voltages either, as it gets unstable. Currently about 4 voltage steps above that point.

@Minioverclocker
Those are some damn nice temperatures you're getting on that VR OUT voltage!
With only 72c during Cinebech, you can definitely try for 5.2Ghz.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts