20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a streamer and currently have a setup of:
Amd fx-4300 processor
760gm-p23(fx) (ms-7641)
Nvidia GeForce gtx 750
16gb of ram
350 watt power supply
(Can only pull 720p 30fps) at 720p 60fps it starts to lag...

I am looking to upgrade if possible with what I have currently or..... Just let me know what I need and I guess I will have to build it.. :/....

·
Registered
368 Posts
First of a better cpu to handle the loads while streaming, in your position, you can either go intel or amd, but both will end up costing the same as for a better amd chip you will also need a better board, power suply will also have to be upgraded then. Best would be to know what is your budged, what games you plan on streaming and on what settings?

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

quick sync encoding is pretty bad, NVENC on the 750 is a better option
many people seem to use quick sync for OBS and really a 750 wont be able to get 60fps in games at 1080

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Whatever you end up using, you'll have to throw a lot of bandwidth at it for 1080p60fps, depending on the games you play (particularly in high contrast scenes (e.g.: grass) in motion). I'd not expect less than 10mbps if you want not many artifacts. At the point where you start noticing artifacts you might as well start lowering resolution, to find a better quality balance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I have 20mbps upload and 500mbs download. I've also heard using the pic-e el gato capture card works well? Or will I still have to use the processor? It turns into h.264. Also my budget is unlimited I want the best
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
10,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post

many people seem to use quick sync for OBS and really a 750 wont be able to get 60fps in games at 1080
NVENC can handle [email protected] and a 750 can run many games at that framerate and resolution.

Especially older games - GPU performance has come a long way, so having a 750 now is like having a flagship GPU 5 years ago. They can run Starcraft 2 at framerates higher than that on max settings, let alone competitive settings which are like 3x easier.

The people using quicksync for OBS are the ones without access to NVENC afaik. Really x264/x265 and nvenc should be your go-to encoders

·
New to OCN?
26,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achieves View Post

Yeah I have 20mbps upload and 500mbs download. I've also heard using the pic-e el gato capture card works well? Or will I still have to use the processor? It turns into h.264. Also my budget is unlimited I want the best
smile.gif
an i5 6600k or 6700k on z170 and a better gpu(there are new gpus coming at q2 2016) with better performance and lower price

1 - 9 of 9 Posts