Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a brand new Insignia 1080p 60Hz 32" HDTV and I hooked it up to my computer yesterday and my 1080p and 1920x1080 and 60Hz was working perfectly fine with no problems at all.

So I turned it off and went to bed and woke up in the morning and turned on my pc, and when the resolution is set to 1920x1080 the screen doesn't scale to the whole TV like it did before and all the text is very hard to read. I'm not sure whats wrong because it was working yesterday but now it does not work today.

I'm using an HDMI cable and the highest resolution i can do that looks normal is 1280x768 at 60Hz 720p. The highest I can set it to is [email protected] and 1080i now and it looks horrible. I'm using a ATI 5770 graphics card and it should be able to handle this resolution so not sure why it is not working. And I tested my xbox on it and it uses 1080p with no problems.

There use to be a 1080p option in the Desktop Properties section in the Catalyst manager but now it only goes to 1080i and there is no 1080p option there anymore

Please help thank you.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,456 Posts
the only thing i can tell you just so you have a response it to set your tv to 'scan' and then adjust your res on your card...

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,772 Posts
are you sure your model supports 1080p? A lot of 32in only do 720p/1080i

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was working in 1080p when i first hooked it up, and my xbox 360 works in 1080p and I know for a fact it is 1080p it also says it on the box and in the specifications on the bestbuy website.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried all the option in the catalyst control center and I can only get it to [email protected] at 1080i, when I set it to 60Hz it goes back to 720p.

And I dont think there is a pc mode on my tv? ive looked in all the settings and I did turn overscan off but it didnt solve my problem

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Noo I took that one off its not connected to that anymore. Would EPID or w/e its called have anything to do with this?

·
VROOM VROOM
6,055 Posts
Make sure it is plugged into the right port, my GFs TV looked all funky with my computer hooked up, come to find out, only one of the plugs on the TV was a "DVI" hdmi port, so it was the only one that properly displayed a computer input. try unhooking and rehooking it up. go back to your old monitor and reinstall your drivers and try again.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Go into the catalyst control center then:
Desktop & Displays
Right click on your TV
Configure..
Scaling options
Set Overscan to 0%
Apply

Done.
Problem solved.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put some screen shots of the CCC and you can't tell from a screenshot of the desktop but from my point of view the text is really illegible and lookes like the sharpness is set super high on every image and text and everything.

but there is no option to set it to 1080p like there was yesterday, only 720p and 1080i. And when I click to add 1080p60 it doesnt do anything?

I haven't changed anything overnight, just turned my computer off that was it.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Machiyariko
View Post

Go into the catalyst control center then:
Desktop & Displays
Right click on your TV
Configure..
Scaling options
Set Overscan to 0%
Apply

Done.
Problem solved.

This, it's the scaling. In 10.12 drivers the scaling is really easy to find now.

·
Oh Harro
674 Posts
Try to reset to factory defaults. Sometimes CCC gets funky. Also as others mentioned, mess with overscan. Another useful piece of information is your TV's manufacturer and model number.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MeRcChRiS
View Post

I tried resetting to factory defaults on my tv and in CCC and nothing still

Do you know how to find the under/overscan feature?

You're monitor sounds like it is underscanned at the moment, ie. the screen size isn't stretched to the whole display.

Is yer panel a Plasma or something?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I usually have a problem like this as well from playing games. I think it's a failed driver. Usually under the windows settings, I hit detect displays and it fixes itself.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts