Overclock.net banner

1080ti

1171 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Simmons572
I was just hoping that one of the captains or mods could explain to me why we don't allow the 1080ti in the TC? And if there is no good reason, can we have a vote to have it added? It just seems odd to me that we don't allow them in the GPU-O category.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· The Physical Manifestation of Typos
6,960 Posts
As of right now, it hasn't been discussed. We initially ruled it out since it was the best of the best GPU at the time. With the 2080s coming out within the next month, it's worth considering.

· unRAID Enthusiast
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's a good idea.

If the 1080ti is in GPU-O then why not the Titan XP as well? Once we have some stats for the 20xx series, I think it's worth looking at re-vamping all the categories.
Yeah, i don't see any reason to keep the Titan XP out either. Honestly, we should be encouraging people who have this top end hardware to contribute, since they can do the most science, we should do a better job of adding top end hardware sooner.

· Folding Fanatic
1,524 Posts
Yeah, i don't see any reason to keep the Titan XP out either. Honestly, we should be encouraging people who have this top end hardware to contribute, since they can do the most science, we should do a better job of adding top end hardware sooner.
I agree that it's time to add the 1080ti for sure, I'll leave the discussion about titan XP up for debate. The thing is we have to make sure there is at least widespread availability on cards before we add them to TC. If there's limited stock on say a 2080 ti and we let it in, and it's some ridiculous improvement in folding, then perhaps one or 2 teams would have an unfair advantage due to the luck of the draw.

· Leader of the #1 [email protected] Team
4,888 Posts
I agree that it's time to add the 1080ti for sure, I'll leave the discussion about titan XP up for debate. The thing is we have to make sure there is at least widespread availability on cards before we add them to TC. If there's limited stock on say a 2080 ti and we let it in, and it's some ridiculous improvement in folding, then perhaps one or 2 teams would have an unfair advantage due to the luck of the draw.
I 2nd this^ Especially considering the outrageous prices. O_O

I vote to add the 1080Ti to TC. Also, the 2080 according to early benchmarks, seems to be on par with a 1080Ti to Titan X (Pascal) or a touch behind the Xp, only time will tell with Drivers and [email protected] benches if that changes.

· unRAID Enthusiast
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it sounds like we have a consensus on the 1080ti at least, so can we go ahead and have it added to the TC? I'm not sure what the process is for making that change?

· The Physical Manifestation of Typos
6,960 Posts
So it sounds like we have a consensus on the 1080ti at least, so can we go ahead and have it added to the TC? I'm not sure what the process is for making that change?
Basically, since we have come to a consensus, one of the Editors/Mods will update the appropriate threads, and then we will be good to add the cards.

I think it's a good idea.

If the 1080ti is in GPU-O then why not the Titan XP as well? Once we have some stats for the 20xx series, I think it's worth looking at re-vamping all the categories.
I have been considering a category re-balance for a while now, and I think it is definitely worth pursuing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.