Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needless to say, it looks like ****. That's the highest resolution I can get on this TV without the screen going black and giving me a no signal message. Anyone know why? Stuck with using my TV as a monitor until my real monitor gets sent back from the company.
kookoo.gif

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
What kind of cable are you using? And what is the brand & model/resolution of the TV?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No idea what the native resolution of the TV is. Got it from a furniture store on an impulse buy as I needed something bigger for my Xbox gaming and it was one helluva deal. I'm guessing 720p since it gives me a black screen when I try to switch my Xbox to HD mode on it. Using the standard VGA cable with an adapter since that's all it has to plug into.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Brand?Model?Cord?How is PC connected?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasov_581;14174699
is it a 720P tv?......native should be 1360x768 or something
This! Your are trying to put the wrong resolution put 1360x768 and it should be fine. Comming from a TV sale rep.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modd3d;14174873
Looks even worse =/. 1280x1024 is the best-looking res I can get.
What do you mean by "looks"? Is it blurred, stretched or mutilated?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Look at the model number of your TV and type it into google... Is it really that hard?

·
Registered
708 Posts
720p is really 1280x720, so you'd be lucky if it did that resolution (1360x768).

You could measure it and find the pixel/dot size (you never told us the model #) to figure out what the true resolution is.

Anything anyone here would do is just ask you for the model number (again) and then google it for you... I mean really. What are you expecting here?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modd3d;14174951
No, it just sucks. Cmon. 1360x768 on a TV this big? >.<
I used a 32'' 720p and 26'' 720p as a monitor for a while.What I came to realize is the intended viewing distance is farther away than what we use them for as monitors.As televisions they look good from 8+ feet away.As monitors and the viewing from 2 feet away they aren't going to look as good as we would like.I liked one as a monitor due to the large screen but realized it just wasn't made for that purpose.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Dude

What exactly are you using this for? xbox or PC? or dvd/tv?

If your hooking up your PC to it, thats exactly why it doesnt look good. i have a 42" 1360x768 tv, and i used to use my pc on it before i got my monitor when i started my build. TVs just arent ment for desktop browsing or whatever, the pixels are HUGE compared to a monitor. My 22" is 1920x1080, and my 42" tv 1360x768 - the pixels must be 5x the size on my tv than on my computer screen lol. if i stand close, i can actually see three horizontal lines on each signal displaying red blue and green colours each.

Maybe you have a setting munched on your tv, try resetting it to factory settings - it could possibly be set up to convert a HD signal to a SD signal or something....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts