Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, sig rig below. Quick question. If i just raise the multi to bring my chip to 4.0, do i need to raise anything else besides vcore? im tring to get my rig stable at 4.0, then going to move to oc ram and such. but is that all i have to adjust as of now?

at 4.0 and 1.40 i passed 4 passes of IBT on max, at 4.0 and 1.425 i only passed 2 passes before it failed. I realized it might be my memory and my mem is the doms that are 1.65v and 8-8-8-24. looked in bios and they were set to 1.5 and 9-9-9-24, so upped the voltage to 1.65 and adjusted the timming correctly. could that have been my reason for unstable overclock on IBT? thanks hope i gave info correctly.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
if you are oc'ing w/ multi, all you need to do is increase vcore, although you might also want to increase nb freq to 2600 and up the cpu-nb volt to 1.3 to improve stability/performance

not enough dram voltage could definitely cause unstable IBT runs

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang, wasn't the ram. Higher I push vcore less passes I get before failing. Running it back down to 1.350 and gonna start all over

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1.475 4.0 10 passes of Max on ibt so far. Max temp 52C. Not bad so far, got it set up to tun all night. Here's to hoping its running in the morning

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
Good luck.
But yeah, if you are multi O/Cing, then the only thing you need to be concerned about is the CPU (voltage + multi).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts