Premium Member
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
einsLogo.png
[email protected] Project Homepage
May 11th, 0:00 UTC - May 16th, 0:00 UTC

Official Team Stats

Project Specific Information:

• The GPU apps for Einstein at home can be more efficient if 2 or more tasks are run concurrently
  • The GPU tasks do use a fair amount of CPU time, so if you run more thatn one task at a time, you will want to make sure that you have enough spare CPU cycles to run the GPU tasks.
    • You can adjust the number of tasks to run on your Account page at [email protected]: Account->Preferences->Project and then scroll down to "Other Settings"
      • Adjust the GPU Utiliztion for the number of tasks to run concurrently. 0.5 =two tasks; 0.33= three tasks

app_config.xml:
Code:
<app_config>
    <app>
        <name></name>
    </app>
</app_config>

*Note*
app_config.xml is currently empty, and will be updated if there are any optimizations for the project.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
[email protected] is the Cross County project.

Start: 11 May 2019 00:00 UTC
End: 16 May 2019 00:00 UTC

I have been fiddling around with blocking, if I block all 5 of these it disables all communication with the project.

127.0.0.1 einstein.aei.uni-hannover.de
127.0.0.1 einstein1.aei.uni-hannover.de
127.0.0.1 einstein2.aei.uni-hannover.de
127.0.0.1 einstein3.aei.uni-hannover.de
127.0.0.1 einstein4.aei.uni-hannover.de

I haven't figured out which specific one (or more) is the upload site because when I tried using less than all 5 something would try to get out.

·
Premium Member
5,969 Posts
After you mentioned that in another thread I did as well, just 200, should have gone all in.
I've got a couple of maxed out clients ready to upload.

While trying to get the ETA down on a new client so I could download a lot of work, I set it to 1x as I typically run 2x tasks on all PCs. The 1080Ti was at 7:30 at 1x and 15:30 at 2x. So 30s slower at 2x on a 1080Ti.

Also everyone remember, [email protected] is not about core clock. OC that VRAM for real boosts. That goes for AMD or NVidia. If you have an AMD card with a mining BIOS, use that as mining benefited from VRAM clocks/timings and not Core clocks.

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,811 Posts
So far it looks like blocking

127.0.0.1 einstein4.aei.uni-hannover.de

blocks uploads. As a test, its the only one I'm using and I'm getting "Internet access OK - project servers may be temporarily down." when it attempts an upload...which is good.
I'm disappointed in the amount of tasks that I've gotten, I don't think I've gotten enough.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,109 Posts
It seems like you have to let a few tasks go for credit then you get a full load... that's how it appears to me at least.

Edit: still not getting more than 30 tasks at a time on one of my machines :( All tasks that I have uploaded are pending... perhaps I just let it run since the tasks are being bunkered by the wingman

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,811 Posts
I'm having an issue with running Einstein and either NFS or Yoyo at the same time on my desktop. I run 2 tasks of Einstein at a time. On my desktop if I run NFS or Yoyo it will only run 1 Einstein task instead of 2, WCG doesn't effect it...but on my 2p I don't have a problem. I have Einstein resource share set to 400 and everything else set at 100.

The Radeon VII crushes Einstein. My one Radeon VII competes 8 tasks in the same time it takes my two 1070 ti's to do 4. :p But the Radeon Vii is weird, the first couple tasks start off slow,(up to 9minutes) then each task after that gets faster and faster till it reaches its normal rate of 6:00-6:10 for two tasks.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,109 Posts
I'm just going to let my clients upload completed tasks for now... :(
I dont have time to sit and babysit all of my computers creating new clients every few hours for the next 4 days if I cant get any decent size bunker going.
At least I will build up a pending validation queue, right? Hopefully my wingmen are ambitious bunkers

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,630 Posts
Is there any specific reason Intel iGPUs cannot get tasks, or am i doing something wrong? Back when i had my i3-3220, i used its iGPU for some compute stuff.

I'm running my laptop with an i3-8130U with an Intel UHD 620. BOINC appears unable to recognize the iGPU as a compute device (No usable GPUs found). I'm running the latest drivers as well as the latest BOINC version on a semi-clean Windows install.

·
Womp Womp
15 Posts
Is there any specific reason Intel iGPUs cannot get tasks, or am i doing something wrong? Back when i had my i3-3220, i used its iGPU for some compute stuff.

I'm running my laptop with an i3-8130U with an Intel UHD 620. BOINC appears unable to recognize the iGPU as a compute device (No usable GPUs found). I'm running the latest drivers as well as the latest BOINC version on a semi-clean Windows install.

Open GPU-Z and see if the iGPU has the openCL box checked, and if it isn't try reinstalling drivers. I was using the first drivers I could find for my G4560, but when I looked openCL wasn't enabled. Turns out the driver I had downloaded was compatible with the iGPU (610 I think), but was NOT compatible with the actual CPU.

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,630 Posts
Open GPU-Z and see if the iGPU has the openCL box checked, and if it isn't try reinstalling drivers. I was using the first drivers I could find for my G4560, but when I looked openCL wasn't enabled. Turns out the driver I had downloaded was compatible with the iGPU (610 I think), but was NOT compatible with the actual CPU.
It is checked, but still BOINC detects nothing.

Verify that your project settings allow igpu to be used.

https://einsteinathome.org/account/prefs/project
Yes, i've made sure to select bot AMD ad Intel, no dice.

Intel iGPUs produce a quite high invalid rate from what I hear. I don't even use the one on my 3770k.
That's odd. I ran my i3-3220 in the 2014 Pentathlon without issues. Ofc, it was back in 2014, this is 5 years later :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
The problem with running tasks on the intel iGPU is that it will severely decrease clock speeds for the CPU if you are running CPU tasks at the same time (unless you are overclocking and lock the clocks in at a set rate).

My 4700 runs all cores at 3.7ghz if there is no GPU load, but clocks down to 3.4ghz with furmark running.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Looks like only 1 of my GPU machines will run out of work before it is time to release the krakens, and even then it will run out only 3 hours or so beforehand. I guess that's the benefit of having slower cards :)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts