Overclock.net banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Badge Chaser
69 Posts
I think any flavor of Linux runs OpenZika better than Windows regardless of processor. Hence, pending a potential Sprint announcement in a few hours, I,ll be leaving my only Linux box on WCG for the duration. (Only a i3 2120 HT enabled w/ GTX950 on Einstein). Looking to bunker NFS one last time on all other hosts but depending on whatever Sprint project is announced (betting on LHC but hopefully a tomorrow announcement) this could change. Willing to shift cores anywhere, will post between 00:00 and 01:00 to see what the team thinks is best.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have my WCG account set to only work on OpenZika, but, I'm getting every project sent to me. Where have I screwed up?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Uncheck the option to send work from other projects if none is available...
Thanks for the quick response! I've unchecked the option like you mentioned as well as updated the project and reset the project, but, I still continue to get all the projects.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Thanks for the quick response! I've unchecked the option like you mentioned as well as updated the project and reset the project, but, I still continue to get all the projects.

Check device manager, maybe you have individual device settings? Failing that are you logging in to the same user that your BOINC client is, do you have multiple accounts?

You may change the settings on a device by device basis by going to the Device Manager and customizing your device profiles.

·
Registered
581 Posts
This is my one and only account. I've checked each of my devices through the Device Manager like you mentioned and they are each set like I want them.

Only project that I have selected to run is Zika, and I have unchecked the box for "send work from other projects if none is available."

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,109 Posts
That is odd. And you don't have multiple profiles such as work, home school...? If the profile assigned to the pc doesn't match the one you are modifying, it might do something odd like that.

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
You might need to force an update by aborting all non-Zika related tasks and hitting update on the client

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Yes, it wont cancel previously downloaded tasks even if they are from other projects, it will only just send new zika tasks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How's 1h35m for Zika tasks on a Ryzen 1600 clocked at 3.8GHz? I never solved the slow Einstein GPU tasks (40 min was best I could get) and didn't determine if the issue was GPU or CPU based.

Home stretch either way! We should compare power bills at the end :-D

·
Premium Member
5,971 Posts
How's 1h35m for Zika tasks on a Ryzen 1600 clocked at 3.8GHz? I never solved the slow Einstein GPU tasks (40 min was best I could get) and didn't determine if the issue was GPU or CPU based.

Seems fine.

·
Registered
581 Posts

That's the same amount of time I was completing Einstein tasks.
On another note, I got WCG to finally give me only Zika tasks. I had to remove the project and then add it back again.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
5,109 Posts
Sooo, how did we do? I'm in Canada at the moment on truck-stop WiFi and it's slooooowwwwww...

:D
We ended up 11th place overall with Linus Tech Tips Team taking 10th from us near the end. I think that was a result of them beating us on the javelin throw and on the sprint (along with LAF passing us on the spring too)

41 - 57 of 57 Posts