Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Not new to overclock.net
1,524 Posts
I had a 1090t on my 790fx msi last year before I blew it up, stuck with a 965be since then, Recently moved to the CH5 with 1100t. I tell you what I noticed right away- the 1090t ran insanely colder and with less voltage than the 1100t. I remember being able to get to 4 at 1.40v, and my 1100t needs 1.48v to do 4013 and [email protected] on the northbridge. Im trying to keep it no hotter than 55 degrees so I probably wont push any more. Ill concentrate the next performance upgrades on an improved graphics card or something, because once you get past 3/3.2ish, it aint gonna do crap for your gaming experience, to be honest. I overclock because I am the type of person that loves to tinker with stuff.

· Not new to overclock.net
1,524 Posts
Well I got the 1090t in may of last year. Only reason I didnt keep it was the 6 core on a board that wasnt meant for it didnt mix too well
I just got the 1100t last week. Im in the middle of testing right now of 4113mhz at 1.54v. Yea, I know thats super high. I think my way to still utilize that speed and not cause unneeded harm to my components after prolonged stress under 1.54v is just to use turbo core to those speeds/voltages. As a side note, if I do use turbo core for 4113 at 1.54, does that mean when its clocked back to 3.3 or whatever, it goes back to stock voltages?

my idle temps on overclock of 4ghz+ have stuck around 19 degrees, maybe 18 if its cold inside. At defaults, she idles at like 16. Even under load at 4113 with 1.54v I just kiss 56

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.