Overclock.net banner

1100t Stable at 4.0, want 4.2

1269 Views 25 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  AMDrocks
I got my CPU stable at 4 GHz a couple days ago, but I used to have it at 4.2 GHz. It became unstable when I installed my new GPU and sound card, and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas.

1100t Stable at 4.0 GHz with 1.42 V Core.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
smile.gif
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarmageddon88
View Post

I had a 1090t on my 790fx msi last year before I blew it up, stuck with a 965be since then, Recently moved to the CH5 with 1100t. I tell you what I noticed right away- the 1090t ran insanely colder and with less voltage than the 1100t. I remember being able to get to 4 at 1.40v, and my 1100t needs 1.48v to do 4013 and [email protected] on the northbridge. Im trying to keep it no hotter than 55 degrees so I probably wont push any more. Ill concentrate the next performance upgrades on an improved graphics card or something, because once you get past 3/3.2ish, it aint gonna do crap for your gaming experience, to be honest. I overclock because I am the type of person that loves to tinker with stuff.

Must be your chip mate, we have the same motherboard and processor and I'm getting 4.1 at 1.45 :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.