Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
780 TI, Superclocker
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so a lot of people may be wondering about what will the 1180 TI or 2080 Ti, will be as of specs or performance. It all starts with what it will have under the hood. I'm not an expert on GPU's but I used math on how to figure this out. When you look at the Original Titan X it had 3072 CUDA Cores, the 980 TI had 2816 CUDA Cores, that's a difference of 256 cores. Lets go into pascal now. The Titan Xp has 3840 CUDA Cores, the 1080 TI has 3584 CUDA Cores, again a 256 Cuda Core difference! Titan V though is different because it has tensor cores and clusters so it's harder to tell, but the Titan V has 5120 CUDA Cores so the 1180 TI or 2080 TI will mathematically have 4864 CUDA Cores. Now lets get into possible performance the 1080 TI Vs Titan Xp the performance went about 5% faster on the Titan, so my best guess estimate is that the 1180 TI or 2080 TI will be around 5-10% slower than Titan V
Any questions please message me or reply on the thread

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I'd be more interested in finding out if any 1180 Ti's will be available at MSRP or if the mining community will be driving the prices up into the stratosphere.

·
780 TI, Superclocker
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be more interested in finding out if any 1180 Ti's will be available at MSRP or if the mining community will be driving the prices up into the stratosphere.
Yeah I agree, I hope that the mining thing will soon end

·
High Clocker
3,458 Posts
There will be another Titan V, Thats the one you should go off to get idea of 2180/2080ti numbers.
Tensor cores will be removed and most likely more cuda cores added, Vram could be HBM2 or GDDR6.

Or if things carry on Nvidias way there will be 3 TitanV all up.

Current TitanV. (re-purposed compute card)
Gaming TitanV (cut down big gaming die.)
Full TitanV (full uncut gaming die for when the 2180/2080ti is faster then the gaming TitanV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts