Overclock.net banner
121 - 140 of 145 Posts

· OC...D
28,261 Posts
Pent chat mentioned being out of work. I am not getting any either.
yeah, I just checked the servers... "0 WUs ready to send"
When the titan V rig runs out, it's back on MW. Unfortunately they ran out 23h before the CC ends. :blinksmil

· BOINC Cruncher
1,972 Posts
damn. I had an EK block do the same some time ago, I was able to clean the "jet" channels with a suede (brass) brush after soaking in white vinegar. Mine clogged with some kinda white muk. never figured out what that was. :eek:

The white muk would have been plasticizer if you were using flexible tubing.

· Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Flaky internet today, but now it seems to be back up for good. Down to my last 31 Amicable tasks. Hopefully Francophone isn't sitting on a pile of tasks.

I had the white gunk in one of my rigs, and it came from a poor job of flushing the radiators. I always use norprene tubing and just distilled water with Mayhems Biocide and Inhibitor. If you can get the block clean I would definitely try and flush the rads with the Blitz kit, and shake the hell out of them to try and break loose any of the pastel that's hiding in the rads.

· OC...D
28,261 Posts
Titans moved back to MW and the available threads on that 7980XE rig (22) back on Rosetta for the duration. 80oF here today... things got pretty hot!

Attachments

· OC...D
28,261 Posts
I'm on Rosetta... I couldn't see how to add Ibercivis via B manager 7.14?

· Once more into the Fold
3,120 Posts
Click Add Project, you will not see ibercivis listed so paste this into the project URL box and click next: https://boinc.ibercivis.es/ibercivis/
After that its just like setting up any other project. That being said, their network seems to be overloaded and I havent been able to pull any projects in the last couple hours.

Since Amicable is down, I am going to try to bunker some Numberfields for the next run, wish me luck

· Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
oops i'm super late to the party but maybe i can still contribute a bit toward the scores
I'm on Rosetta... I couldn't see how to add Ibercivis via B manager 7.14?

I don't think it's in the list so you just have to enter the master url into the "Project URL" box.

Ibercivis master URL:
Code:
https://boinc.ibercivis.es/ibercivis/

*Edit* @franz beat me to it. :D

· An Internet Lurker
287 Posts
Oof, Amicable ran one of my laptops out of memory and suffered the wrath of the OOM killer. Somehow it took the WiFi and GUI with it, and I didn't notice until it ran out of work and the fans spun down. Guess I need to cut back on Rosetta for that one. Amicable didn't show any tasks with errors, so I'm guessing BOINC was smart enough to restart them?

3,120 Posts
Setup multiple clients on one PC. Fill the queue. When one queue is about to complete, fire up another client. Repeat.
https://www.overclock.net/forum/180...uide-setting-up-multiple-boinc-instances.html
Thanks for this. I finally had the time to set this up. I have it working on my Win10 rig and I will try the Ubuntu rigs next. Bunkering around 600 projects for Numberfields between the 3 rigs, mostly GPU, and I will fire up the next client when those downloaded tasks are complete.

So if I understand this correctly I block the IP on all my clients. When those projects are complete, I close that instance of BOINC, start "BOINC2", allow the IP to get new projects and then block it again?

· Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Thanks for this. I finally had the time to set this up. I have it working on my Win10 rig and I will try the Ubuntu rigs next. Bunkering around 600 projects for Numberfields between the 3 rigs, mostly GPU, and I will fire up the next client when those downloaded tasks are complete.

So if I understand this correctly I block the IP on all my clients. When those projects are complete, I close that instance of BOINC, start "BOINC2", allow the IP to get new projects and then block it again?

That would work but its simpler to stop each client. In BOINC manager under activity select Suspend Network Activity after downloading your bunker.

3,120 Posts
You don't even have to block the IP. You can just set suspend network activity on the client once you have enough tasks. In the advanced view for BOINC Manager: Activity->Suspend network activity
That would work but its simpler to stop each client. In BOINC manager under activity select Suspend Network Activity after downloading your bunker.
Thanks guys, I blocked the IP on those clients because they are still crunching CPU tasks, but I will use that in the future. It would be simpler to setup a client for each project and use the suspend network feature. I will definitely be better prepared for next year!

· Premium Member
6,192 Posts

AS mentioned, suspending network activity is easier. A project like BOINC Tasks can manage multiple local/remote clients from one PC so there is no need to shut down 1 client to start another.

The Manager and Client are separate. Multiple clients ran run at once with separate data directories and gui_rpc_port IDs.

3,120 Posts
AS mentioned, suspending network activity is easier. A project like BOINC Tasks can manage multiple local/remote clients from one PC so there is no need to shut down 1 client to start another.

The Manager and Client are separate. Multiple clients ran run at once with separate data directories and gui_rpc_port IDs.
Yeah Im still playing around with BOINCTasks too, tried it earlier to connect to the Ubuntu rigs but did something wrong and it froze my clients(probably did the password wrong). I will go back and give it another shot. I'm still working out in the real world and not from home, so I have had little time to get things going. Like I mentioned in my last post, I will have this all setup and working smoothly for next year.

· OC...D
28,261 Posts
we need moar Rosetta !

Attachments

· ʇǝu.ʞɔoʅɔɹǝʌO oʇ ʍǝu
81 Posts
yep i've been hammering Ibercivis & got Rosetta going on the phone :thumb:

· OC...D
28,261 Posts
121 - 140 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.