Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

im in need of some 120x38mm fans.

any brand is fine but its soo dame hard to find these in australia. (or maybe im not looking hard enough?)

theres tons on ebay but they all cost like $20-45 shipping just for a 350g fan :S

anyone know where i can get some of these?

thanks alot,

EDIT: or any 120x25mm fans with high static pressure, for the h50, thanks

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newpc View Post
found some
, $19 each +12 shipping. gotta hate aus lol
Ouch. I'm about to order two and it comes to about $30 shipped.
I don't want to spend that amount for two fans though. Especially since I bought a damn 120mm by IPCQueen, without research of course. I really need to put two Kaze fans on my CPU for ultimate OC.

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
If you are interested in quiet 25mm fans, you can get a pair of Scythe Gentle Typhoons. Chilled PC has the San Ace 9G1212H1011, a very good 120x38mm fan.

I have a couple of the Ultra Kaze 3000's. One is quiet when undervolted, the other is not.

Another fan to consider is the Yate Loon. They make 38mm fans: D12SL-12D, D12SM-12D, D12SH-12D. Don't know what availability in Oz, though.

Also, Panaflo (NMB) and others.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by newpc
View Post

pccasegear.com.au have them (vic site)

im in sa tho

i'm in queensland. yeah i had a look there.

but i figured that 2 fans for the price one plus i got an Enzotech’s CNB-S1 northbridge cooler, which you can't get in aus, and freight.

all up about <$5 more than just the 2 fans plus freight from pccasegear

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vbp6us
View Post

Ouch. I'm about to order two and it comes to about $30 shipped.
I don't want to spend that amount for two fans though. Especially since I bought a damn 120mm by IPCQueen, without research of course. I really need to put two Kaze fans on my CPU for ultimate OC.

nice rig you got there

yea i want two of these for my h50 because im going get my i7 setup by the 31st this month

my gf is getting me i7 930
sister getting the ram
im getting another 5770
sisters bro bought me the mobo

gotta love bday's

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coneman
View Post

i'm in queensland. yeah i had a look there.

but i figured that 2 fans for the price one plus i got an Enzotech’s CNB-S1 northbridge cooler, which you can't get in aus, and freight.

all up about <$5 more than just the 2 fans plus freight from pccasegear

whats wrong with ur stock? NB cooler, and i would get the thermelright NB coolers. they just look sweet!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:

View Post

whats wrong with ur stock? NB cooler, and i would get the thermelright NB coolers. they just look sweet!

big lump of aluminium with f$%k all cooling fins. gets that hot it burns to touch.

thermalright ones are too big, and i like copper. going to get the low profile one and some for the mosfets down the track.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coneman
View Post

big lump of aluminium with f$%k all cooling fins. gets that hot it burns to touch.

thermalright ones are too big, and i like copper. going to get the low profile one and some for the mosfets down the track.

i see what you mean about the stock cooler. mines at 38 degrees it gets so hot to touch too lol.

u can always strap a 40mm fan to it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:

View Post

nice rig you got there

yea i want two of these for my h50 because im going get my i7 setup by the 31st this month

my gf is getting me i7 930
sister getting the ram
im getting another 5770
sisters bro bought me the mobo

gotta love bday's

Thanks. Your rig is pretty cool too...and very similar, lol! That's awesome man. You're stepping up to a different, league, you could say. Happy bday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts