short answer: no
long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Quote:

Originally Posted by ikillerzi
View Post

short answer: no
long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Unless you use nvidia 3DVision, this ^.

If you use it, better keep your 60Hz screen and get those two-colors glasses. The colour difference (not that heavy) and the "extra framerate" aren't worth it.
See less See more
One is not better than another. The difference is not big but it would be something like this. You would want 120Hz if you watch sports like soccer where there is a lot of fast movement to reduce ghosting effects. But the downside of 120Hz is that it negatively affects what films are supposed to look like; they no longer look like films.

Get whatever fits your budget. I think the 120Hz ones usually have an option to turn it off.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastrider
View Post

Unless you use nvidia 3DVision, this ^.

If you use it, better keep your 60Hz screen and get those two-colors glasses. The colour difference (not that heavy) and the "extra framerate" aren't worth it.

3D? I just cross my eyes and blink a few extra times to get the same effect. That's 3D DIY son.
See less See more
Most 120Hz LCDs have the option to turn off the feature or revert to 60Hz. If the price is negligible then I'd say get it, however, if you'll be watching a lot of sports then I'd probably want it.

You could avoid the scenario outright by just buying a plasma.
See less See more
I don't understand why these 2 said no...
I think it is worth it, if you are talking about a TV.
They even made 240hz ones.

You will clearly see a differance between 120 and 60... go to walt-mart and you'll see

We got a 60hz here and it's still so amazing.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exutus View Post
I don't understand why these 2 said no...
I think it is worth it, if you are talking about a TV.
They even made 240hz ones.

You will clearly see a differance between 120 and 60... go to walt-mart and you'll see

We got a 60hz here and it's still so amazing.
you know it has a 60hrz input, and generally it is a 30fps or 24fps video.
See less See more
OP: Is this a TV or PC monitor question?
120Hz use to be very pricey, now they've come waaay down. I just bought a Sony KDL-40W5100 with 120HZ and I love it. Their's a definite differences with 120Hz vs 60Hz in frames per second. 120Hz is much more fluid in viewing sports, movies, etc. Imop it's better watching anything. Increased FPS = better viewing experience. 60Hz looks a little choppy when compared to 120Hz. Plus the 120HZ is newer tech, usually meaning a higher contrast ratio.

The price difference between the two IS gonna run you about + or - $200, but if you have the money, I'd go for it. I did a lot of research before I bought, and I'm happy I did. I went from Best Buy, to Sears, to other similar places, and viewed as many TV's as I could. Then I researched what critics, and buyers had to say online, so I like to think I'm well informed. Once I did this, I felt I was able to get the best TV for the money.

I decided I wanted to stay under $1000, and I'm very happy with my Sony KDL-40W5100 120HZ speed LCD HDTV. You should look into how much you'd like to spend, then get the best TV within your budget.

PS- my only other suggestion I have is stay away from LED for now. It's the 'NEW TECH' out, and you'll pay an arm and a legs more because it's the 'newest thing'.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by the duke
View Post

op: Is this a tv or pc monitor question?

pc
See less See more
im gonna say no the extra money isn't worth it. I think 60 fps is gravy, and anything really above that is extra
Now, i cant notice 120 fps so i dont see the point in shelling out for a monitor that supports that, might have to shell out for a better setup so vsync looks flush and doesn't stutter, 120fps with vsync would be nuts!
See less See more
I'm not sure if we're talking monitors or televisions but I just picked up a Sony XBR9 240Hz and while I'm sure that number is a marketing rube, I do absolutely love how fluid fast action seems with "Motionflow" turned on. I tried a cheaper LCD first and then stepped up to the Sony which I have now come to know and love.
Quote:

Originally Posted by D3TH.GRUNT
View Post

im gonna say no the extra money isn't worth it. I think 60 fps is gravy, and anything really above that is extra
Now, i cant notice 120 fps so i dont see the point in shelling out for a monitor that supports that, might have to shell out for a better setup so vsync looks flush and doesn't stutter, 120fps with vsync would be nuts!

It's not 60 fps. It's 60HZ. meaning it's around 24fps I believe.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by itzhoovEr
View Post

pc

Geez, you should clarify you're talking about a monitor. Well now I've wasted my time talking about TV's
, I'll give you my thoughts on monitors. I have 2ms response time with my monitor. I think that translates to 240Hz with TVs. Personally I wouldn't be so worried with monitor processing speeds, at least not as much as I would be with a TV.
See less See more
120 vs 60

120 looks twice as good as 60 (talking about motion quality)

some people can't notice the difference, ignorance is bliss

if you play first person shooters than 120 will be obviously better for the quick motion. I can clearly see the difference between 60 and 120 when im trying to make a flick shot with an AWP in CSS, every extra frame counts when we are talking about a split second. Your eyes can tell the difference you just have to be trained to see it, if you are older you might not be able to see it easily.

I wish i would of got a 120 monitor but i chose the extra res 1900x1200 instead but i think 120 would of made a bigger difference.
120hz is a bit excessive. Just like that expensive Italian supercar. Nice to have, but excessive.

Personally, I try to stay away from any monitor that runs at 60hz. The ones I seem to get my hands on flicker like mad at that refresh rate.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.