Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
AMD Overclocker
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A whole centimeter is quite a bit of space. I'm sure that's enough to be able to use the eLoops in push and pull. They are quite capable fans, and it seems the added cost over Arctic isn't a concern for you. Sounds like you have your answer!
I guess I do. I was trying to find reasons NOT to buy them. Because the Eloops IMO just Look fantastic. But a good looking fan isn't any Good if it doesn't blow. I was looking at Cooling Techniques Pressure curves against ML120s and earlier Vardars. And they all seem to pull quite well when presented with minimal restriction. But after about 2mm/h2o the Eloops drop off quite quickly and don't scale much above 2.5mm. But the ML120s scale beyond 3mms.

I do have a question. How much resistance would a "typical" rad like a medium thickness PE360 rad cause?

·
Awaiting the REP Rebuild
506 Posts
I can't actually say from personal experience, as I use radiators with 8-16 FPI or 30+ FPI. No inbetween. =P TEloops will have absolutely no problem with the former, though you are correct that they wouldn't scale as well comparatively on a 30+ FPI radiator as the Noctua A12, Vardar, or Arctic F12 (which really does shockingly well at high density, leading me to recommend it over the P12 which I haven't used).

·
Awaiting the REP Rebuild
506 Posts
Given that you're using them in push and pull with shrouds, I say go for it.

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,929 Posts
For cheap, the EVGA FX fans are awesome for pressure. I like them much more than my older, much more expensive jetflows. Probably the best pressure performance per dollar since the original sickleflows.

The Arctic P fans (and Bionix) are also good but they do have a noticeable dead zone in the center. Of the 3 that I own, two of them have issues with not playing nice with the PWM signal below 60%, clicking which annoys me as I paid extra for the "PST" version. But they are built strong and have a 19year warranty. They need a revision and they would be grade A.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I replaced all the ML120 Pro's in my case with Noctua A12x25, and it's the best thing I ever did. More airflow at a lower RPM, and they're quieter than the ML120s even at the same RPM. It's amazing how quiet my PC is now, even when gaming full-tilt.

·
Rig Advisor
3,230 Posts
I replaced all the ML120 Pro's in my case with Noctua A12x25, and it's the best thing I ever did. More airflow at a lower RPM, and they're quieter than the ML120s even at the same RPM. It's amazing how quiet my PC is now, even when gaming full-tilt.
I believe it, but damn they are fugly.

·
OCN Dinosaurian Member
1,976 Posts
I’ve tried different fans over the years, Low RPM / High CFM are the best IMO. I used Gentle Typhoons for many years until I found Kaze Slipsteam fans. At 1200 RPM they are almost silent but move 68 CFM of air, that is better than the GT fans I had and much quieter and more airflow. I’m running 9 of them in my rig and you barely hear it. You can find them at half the price too! ~ $7 ea. on Amazon if you watch for it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Having tasted all mentioned above fans and some more I would say, for the radiator fans:
120mm - Noctua NH-A12x25, Noiseblocker B12 PS, Arctic P12 PWM (i like CO version more)
140mm - Noiseblocker B14 PS, Arctic P14 PWM (again i like CO version) and no 3 place as other fans are long way down from first two

Corsair ML have a lot of power but they are noisy (yes I used them in PWM)
Other Noctua fans are good and have a good amount of power but again noisy, industial to
Gentel Typhoon, sound is annoyng like unberable
bequiet SW are quiet because they dont do anything
I like thermalright fans but only for power

I am curious of Thermaltake Toughfan and Lian Li daisy chain fans.

EK Vardars are crap, noisy and not very effecctive

• Rep+
Reactions: Pictus

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I’ve tried different fans over the years, Low RPM / High CFM are the best IMO. I used Gentle Typhoons for many years until I found Kaze Slipsteam fans. At 1200 RPM they are almost silent but move 68 CFM of air, that is better than the GT fans I had and much quieter and more airflow. I’m running 9 of them in my rig and you barely hear it. You can find them at half the price too! ~ $7 ea. on Amazon if you watch for it.

good old ultra kaze fans. I didnt know they were still around

·
AMD Overclocker
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
I can't actually say from personal experience, as I use radiators with 8-16 FPI or 30+ FPI. No inbetween. =P TEloops will have absolutely no problem with the former, though you are correct that they wouldn't scale as well comparatively on a 30+ FPI radiator as the Noctua A12, Vardar, or Arctic F12 (which really does shockingly well at high density, leading me to recommend it over the P12 which I haven't used).
The PE360 isn't super dense but it is more moderate at 18fpi.

·
AMD Overclocker
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Having tasted all mentioned above fans and some more I would say, for the radiator fans:
120mm - Noctua NH-A12x25, Noiseblocker B12 PS, Arctic P12 PWM (i like CO version more)
140mm - Noiseblocker B14 PS, Arctic P14 PWM (again i like CO version) and no 3 place as other fans are long way down from first two

Corsair ML have a lot of power but they are noisy (yes I used them in PWM)
Other Noctua fans are good and have a good amount of power but again noisy, industial to
Gentel Typhoon, sound is annoyng like unberable
bequiet SW are quiet because they dont do anything
I like thermalright fans but only for power

I am curious of Thermaltake Toughfan and Lian Li daisy chain fans.

EK Vardars are crap, noisy and not very effecctive
didn't you do a thread on all your fan tests?

From what I have seen the ThermalFAKE tough fans are a literal copy/pasta of the A12 and perform accordingly. Except some testers reported more bearing and fan noise. In all honesty I wouldn't give the Fakefan the time of day because of TTs ethics. The more people refuse to give them publicity by reviewing their parts the sooner they can A go out of business or B turn over a new leaf.

• Rep+
Reactions: Shawnb99

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't be like that, they make some good stuff to :p, P5 case for one of them.

·
AMD Overclocker
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
It's one of the few things I'll give them. But I won't ever forgive them for the Caselabs saga. And now they copying noctua.

Do you still have a link to your old fan comparisons thread?

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,508 Posts
I have a new appreciation for your avatar. I looked just like him when I read this.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's one of the few things I'll give them. But I won't ever forgive them for the Caselabs saga. And now they copying noctua.

Do you still have a link to your old fan comparisons thread?
Sorry for my late response, **** load of work with pandemic

I did not make any fan comparisation thread. What I do is build PC for my self, friends and friends of friends, it is like my therapy and I don't make money on it. As a by product I get to have a lot of hardware going thru my hands. As I am building PC for friends I try to make best job possible and that includes cooling. I always change thermal paste, thermal pads on GPUs, optimase cooling mounting pressure ect. I always try to get best cooling or cooling/noise config depends on preferences. That includes cases, AiO/custom radiators and fans. This is where my observation come from.
With Arctic fans it is not all sunshine and rainbows, they are not consistent, on P12/14 PWM one can have max rpm of 1720 other from the same value pack 1850, some P14 fans make wining noises at 1400 rpm others on 1500. Before installing Arctic fans in the system I test every fan and mark it with its characteristics so when they work as 2/3/4 unit only fans with similar characteristics are put together. On other hand Noiseblocker eLoop fans are like clones, same every time, same with beQuiet, little less with corsair ML fans and noctua.

• Rep+
Reactions: D-EJ915

·
AMD Overclocker
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Sorry for my late response, **** load of work with pandemic

I did not make any fan comparisation thread. What I do is build PC for my self, friends and friends of friends, it is like my therapy and I don't make money on it. As a by product I get to have a lot of hardware going thru my hands. As I am building PC for friends I try to make best job possible and that includes cooling. I always change thermal paste, thermal pads on GPUs, optimase cooling mounting pressure ect. I always try to get best cooling or cooling/noise config depends on preferences. That includes cases, AiO/custom radiators and fans. This is where my observation come from.
With Arctic fans it is not all sunshine and rainbows, they are not consistent, on P12/14 PWM one can have max rpm of 1720 other from the same value pack 1850, some P14 fans make wining noises at 1400 rpm others on 1500. Before installing Arctic fans in the system I test every fan and mark it with its characteristics so when they work as 2/3/4 unit only fans with similar characteristics are put together. On other hand Noiseblocker eLoop fans are like clones, same every time, same with beQuiet, little less with corsair ML fans and noctua.
I must have gotten you confused with someone else. Maybe geggeg or someone. I just went based on the profile picture.

It's funny the Eloops don't really scale beyond 2.5mm based on Cooling Techniques graph. Looking at the fan you would think those big fat/broad blades would be an advantage for generating pressure. Maybe the fact that it has such a small hub works against it because if I look at it fans with larger hubs seem to be capable of generating more pressure.
The SilentWings3 is the best fan on the market.

I mean they are not. They are good fans. But they are certainly not the best on the market.
Panaflo 38mm. Finger-choppers FTW! :p
Blowiematron!

·
AMD Overclocker
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Could anyone give me a hand here. I am a bit confused. I was looking at the Eloop X Argb fans. And noticed something interesting the B12-P regular at 2K RPM supposedly generates 2,240mm H2O. While the RGB Eloop X at the same speed is advertised at 3,020mm H2O. But they are literally the same fan. Just One has RGB. Is this just different testing protocols?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts