Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Could anyone give me a hand here. I am a bit confused. I was looking at the Eloop X Argb fans. And noticed something interesting the B12-P regular at 2K RPM supposedly generates 2,240mm H2O. While the RGB Eloop X at the same speed is advertised at 3,020mm H2O. But they are literally the same fan. Just One has RGB. Is this just different testing protocols?
Much as racing stripes provide a small torque & horsepower boost, RGB clearly improves static pressure performance.

I'm curious about the test build colorway, however, as black/red multiplier effects often corrupt manufacturer testing data, and distinguishing between the two variables isn't easy.

Jokes aside, I'd confirm the two fans are, in fact, otherwise identical before looking for an answer elsewhere. If so, I'd then query Noiseblocker. Perhaps their testing methodology has evolved between product releases, but regardless, they're certainly your best resource.

·
AMD Overclocker
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Much as racing stripes provide a small torque & horsepower boost, RGB clearly improves static pressure performance.

I'm curious about the test build colorway, however, as black/red multiplier effects often corrupt manufacturer testing data, and distinguishing between the two variables isn't easy.

Jokes aside, I'd confirm the two fans are, in fact, otherwise identical before looking for an answer elsewhere. If so, I'd then query Noiseblocker. Perhaps their testing methodology has evolved between product releases, but regardless, they're certainly your best resource.
I actually took the time to email Blacknoise about this. I did not expect a reply but I actually got one. According to them they say they changed the motor on the EloopX to be more stable with regards to RPM when running at a max pressure scenario. However since the majority of us never really have our fans pulling or pushing through so much restriction that they reach that max pressure level, we wont see any difference in performance between regular Eloop and EloopX.

·
Rig Advisor
3,230 Posts
Could anyone give me a hand here. I am a bit confused. I was looking at the Eloop X Argb fans. And noticed something interesting the B12-P regular at 2K RPM supposedly generates 2,240mm H2O. While the RGB Eloop X at the same speed is advertised at 3,020mm H2O. But they are literally the same fan. Just One has RGB. Is this just different testing protocols?
Don't know where you are getting that from. aRGB fans will always suck for rads. Finding a fan that has amazing performance for rads AND has RGB is a unicorn. Let us know when you find it.

·
Rig Advisor
3,230 Posts
The ONLY fan I know of that has good RGB and decent SP/CFM/Db levels are the Lian Li Uni fans, and they are Unicorns, you will never find them in stock.

·
Registered
411 Posts
How the Noctua NF-A12X25 are among the best radiator fans when it's static pressure is only 2,34mm H2O?

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,508 Posts
How the Noctua NF-A12X25 are among the best radiator fans when it's static pressure is only 2,34mm H2O?
In addition to the noise/performance that @D-EJ915 pointed out, they also have different scaling than most fans. When you are quoting "it only has X static pressure", that number is only for one fixed speed. The biggest advantage of the NF-A12X25 is that it is able to generate greater SP and airflow at low and midrange speeds than typical fans, and this is the band that sees the most usage from the average user. Rather than looking at a static measurement for a single speed, the P/Q curve is much more telling of a fan's capabilities:

·
Registered
411 Posts
In addition to the noise/performance that @D-EJ915 pointed out, they also have different scaling than most fans. When you are quoting "it only has X static pressure", that number is only for one fixed speed. The biggest advantage of the NF-A12X25 is that it is able to generate greater SP and airflow at low and midrange speeds than typical fans, and this is the band that sees the most usage from the average user. Rather than looking at a static measurement for a single speed, the P/Q curve is much more telling of a fan's capabilities:
Ok I think I got it. I was looking at Bionix p12 or the Silent Wings 3 high sleep because they has more static pressure.

So there is more things to look for. If the Noctua Industrial 3000rpm noise was better would be the perfect choice.

·
Rig Advisor
3,230 Posts
Ok I think I got it. I was looking at Bionix p12 or the Silent Wings 3 high sleep because they has more static pressure.

So there is more things to look for. If the Noctua Industrial 3000rpm noise was better would be the perfect choice.
SW3 are great fans, I own them, but they do not have RGB which you wanted.

·
WaterCooler
4,039 Posts
SW3 are great fans, I own them, but they do not have RGB which you wanted.
I do not care about RGB but good radiator performance and quietness are important to me. Recommend I go for those?

A little pricy, but saw Primochill offered some fan covers so can add a little color: PrimoChill 120mm Aluminum SX Fan Cover

·
Rig Advisor
3,230 Posts
I do not care about RGB but good radiator performance and quietness are important to me. Recommend I go for those?

A little pricy, but saw Primochill offered some fan covers so can add a little color: PrimoChill 120mm Aluminum SX Fan Cover
For sure, they aren't the best, but they are DAMN good fans. If you go SW3, you will not be disappointed. The build quality is spectacular.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,508 Posts
For sure, they aren't the best, but they are DAMN good fans. If you go SW3, you will not be disappointed. The build quality is spectacular.
Agreed. The SW3 is actually my favorite 120mm. The combo of performance, low noise and really smooth sound signature checks all the right boxes.

·
AMD Overclocker
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Don't know where you are getting that from. aRGB fans will always suck for rads. Finding a fan that has amazing performance for rads AND has RGB is a unicorn. Let us know when you find it.

View attachment 2479473
You couldn't have looked very hard then. Because I got it DIRECTLY from blacknoise's website. The fan you listed is the B12X-PS. PS meaning PWM Silent. It's limited to 1500rpm.

Blacknoise has the B12X-P at 2K doing around 3mmH2O at around 130ish m³. There might not be many good aRGB fans. But the Eloops I are probably the unicorn you are looking for if unicorn poop is your thing.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Between the Bionix p120 and the Silent Wings 3 High Speed you will pick still the SW3?

Reviews put the Bionix p120 a bit ahead and they are cheaper. (13€ vs 20€).

·
Rig Advisor
3,230 Posts
I have never used the bionix fans before, and I know what to expect from the SW3s. I am rarely on a budget so it's an easy choice for me. I would ask others who can confirm the stats of the bionix.

• Rep+
Reactions: menko2

·
Rig Advisor
3,230 Posts
You couldn't have looked very hard then. Because I got it DIRECTLY from blacknoise's website. The fan you listed is the B12X-PS. PS meaning PWM Silent. It's limited to 1500rpm.

Blacknoise has the B12X-P at 2K doing around 3mmH2O at around 130ish m³. There might not be many good aRGB fans. But the Eloops I are probably the unicorn you are looking for if unicorn poop is your thing.
Aren't you rude. There is a reason I have never heard of those fans before and NO ONE here uses them. Let's get some reviews and real world tests before you browse for 10 seconds, find an SP number and think you have it all figured out hoss.

I have already told the guy he should probably stay with them, many, many posts back. He's talking himself out of them, not the other way around.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,508 Posts

Oddly, I can't find the RGB versions on the Blacknoise site, and had not known of their existence until this thread. If they spec out the same (or better) as the regular eLoop, that probably moves them right to the top of the RGB fan list - albeit with the intake side quirks.

Between the Bionix p120 and the Silent Wings 3 High Speed you will pick still the SW3?

Reviews put the Bionix p120 a bit ahead and they are cheaper. (13€ vs 20€).
Having used both, I would take the SW3 without even thinking twice about it.
And can you point to these reviews? It seems a "review" of these fans with remotely good testing methodology is far more of a unicorn than good RGB fans.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have never used the bionix fans before, and I know what to expect from the SW3s. I am rarely on a budget so it's an easy choice for me. I would ask others who can confirm the stats of the bionix.
Bionix out then.

Between the Silent Wings 3 and the Noctua NF-A12X25 which one will you pick?

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
AMD Overclocker
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Oddly, I can't find the RGB versions on the Blacknoise site, and had not known of their existence until this thread. If they spec out the same (or better) as the regular eLoop, that probably moves them right to the top of the RGB fan list - albeit with the intake side quirks.

Having used both, I would take the SW3 without even thinking twice about it.
And can you point to these reviews? It seems a "review" of these fans with remotely good testing methodology is far more of a unicorn than good RGB fans.
Yes its quite odd you have to go digging. So if you go to their home page, has to be German not the English. And under the products tab is NB IT LED Technik und lufter. The EloopX RGB fans are under that tab. I dont know why its that way but🤷‍♂️

The nice thing is the weird sound profile it makes when in a pull mode against a filter or rad is easily remedied with a shroud. So it won't bother me. I cant wait for my B12-4s to arrive. I ordered 6 of them.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts