Overclock.net banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Oddly, I can't find the RGB versions on the Blacknoise site, and had not known of their existence until this thread. If they spec out the same (or better) as the regular eLoop, that probably moves them right to the top of the RGB fan list - albeit with the intake side quirks.

Having used both, I would take the SW3 without even thinking twice about it.
And can you point to these reviews? It seems a "review" of these fans with remotely good testing methodology is far more of a unicorn than good RGB fans.
Here it is a "good looking review about them". I'm not expert but seems to be a reasonable one. I'm not sure if I can post the direct link in the forum but it's easy to find with the name in the screenshot.

My temps in the Kingpin Radiator gets to 52°C with the stock fans at 80%. They are crap fans Power logic 2000rpm.

i would get the noctua A12x25 but the Noctua fans don't work for some reason with the pmw signal that the 3090 kingpin card has. EVGA and noctua spoke about it but no solution.

So either I get Noctua NF-A12X25 and attach the conector to the motherboard header (i don't know how can I pass from 30% to 80% without going through bios).
Or i get the Bionix P12 or Silent Wings 3 high speed so I can control with afterburner.

Almost everyone recomends the Noctua NF-A12X25 for radiator (3000rpm industrial is too noisy). But the other two alternatives looks good as well (Bionix and SW3).

What do you recommend?

·
Registered
767 Posts
i would get the noctua A12x25 but the Noctua fans don't work for some reason with the pmw signal that the 3090 kingpin card has. EVGA and noctua spoke about it but no solution.

So either I get Noctua NF-A12X25 and attach the conector to the motherboard header (i don't know how can I pass from 30% to 80% without going through bios).
Or i get the Bionix P12 or Silent Wings 3 high speed so I can control with afterburner.

Almost everyone recomends the Noctua NF-A12X25 for radiator (3000rpm industrial is too noisy). But the other two alternatives looks good as well (Bionix and SW3).

What do you recommend?
There is a user on evga forum that ran his fans off separate power vs the card and got better performance so it may be worthwhile to do that method. Kingpin owners disconnect your rad fans for max performance/stability. - EVGA Forums

·
Registered
290 Posts
Of course he got better performance. The fans are drawing from your power limit.

I have my 3080 with the hybrid cooler and 2x A12x25s .. plugged into the motherboard. I have them go from 950rpm to 1200rpm following mosfet temps. You don't want to run the fans off the card.

·
Registered
411 Posts
There is a user on evga forum that ran his fans off separate power vs the card and got better performance so it may be worthwhile to do that method. Kingpin owners disconnect your rad fans for max performance/stability. - EVGA Forums
Thank you for the info.

I'm going to make my life easier and put them straight into the motherboard to a static speed and good to go. Noise is not much of a problem from my two options. They'll be around 80% speed as my bionix case fans.

So either the Bionix p120 14€ or Noctua A12x25 30€.

Both are at the same noise level aprox at max speed. In the screenshot the Noctua and the Bionix look so close at high speed (red and yellow lines).

Is it worth the price of the Noctua?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Little help in the last question?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

What do you recommend?
Just the normal P12 fans not the bionix. Extra cost isn't worth it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you have the money there is no reason not to get the noctua ones imo.
I replaced the stock ones (Pro Logic crap) with the Bionix p120. I ordered in Amazon so I can return them.

I set both fans at 100% speed to test and the Bionix p120 have 2°C more than the stock ones. Noise is ok in both.

So I guess I have to go for more static pressure than the Bionix p120 (2.65).

A) EK Vardar evo 120ER. (2200rpm)
  • Max Air Flow: 77 CFM = 131 m³/h
  • Static Pressure: 3.16mm H2O
  • Noise Level: 33.5 dBA

B) Silent Wings 3 High Speed. (2200rpm)
Air Flow @ 100% PWM / 12V (CFM / m3/h)73.33 / 124.58
Presión de aire @ 100% PWM / 12 V (mm H2O)3.37
Nivel de ruido @ 100% PWM / 12 V (dB(A))28.6

C) Noctua NF-A12X25. (2000rpm).
The static pressure and specs are worst than the ones above but reviews are all going for them because of the noise.

D) Noctua industrial 3000rpm.
Airflow 186,7 m³/h
Sonoridad 43,5 dB(A)
Presión estático 7,63 mm H₂O
This Noctua has like a rattling noise which is hard to digest.

Which option will improve the Bionix P120 best?

61 - 68 of 68 Posts