Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just spent the last 3 hours or so installing windows, got it fully updated and followed some tweaking guides. Just got HDTune, *** is up with the temp

hdtuneu.jpg

You can see pics of my rig by following sig, its sitting in top HD bay in front of a fan is this normal for SSD's? this is my first one.

Edit: my F3 sitting below is 23°C

·
Registered
933 Posts
Probably just a broken/bugged reading from the sensor. I wouldn't worry about it unless you can't physically touch it in your case without being scolded.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Touch the SSD.

It's a bug...my SSD's always report -1c as their temps.

·
Registered
72 Posts
touch it
biggrin.gif

if you burn your finger it is that hot
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Ninja'd!

·
Registered
239 Posts
The sensors probably broken, one of mine on my mobo says its at -128C so you now lol. If your still unsure.. Touch it lol

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now to make a new thread about all my files mysteriously going missing on my f3, the folders they were organised within however are still there.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Wait a minute...Vertex 3?? Where'd you get it?!

EDIT: How did I miss that! They are at newegg:doh:

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Not being funny or anything, but touch the SSD lightly. If it's mega hot, then yeah you have an issue. I always feel the inside of the PC if i see crazy temps to rule out a broken sensor or a bug in the software. This method will give you the answer you want in seconds.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
definitely a bug

·
Registered
142 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by M00NIE
View Post

now to make a new thread about all my files mysteriously going missing on my f3, the folders they were organised within however are still there.

This happened to me onces, all of my folders were gone but the files were all still there in the root of the drive... fixed itself after a few days tho it was strange.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTheBelow
View Post

I wouldn't worry about it unless you can't physically touch it in your case without being scolded.

Quote:

View Post

without being scolded.

Quote:

View Post

scolded

You meant scalded. I've never had a computer rebuke me in any way.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts