Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official the 12GB 3060 is definitely coming next month ... this is an NVIDIA announcement not rumour

Nvidia RTX 3060 (12GB) Coming in Feb for $329

This next bit is a bit more speculative though, the exact numbers (other than 12Gb VRAM) are not confirmed:

Architecture: GA106
Process Technology: Samsung 8N
Transistors (Billion): 13.3?
Die size (mm^2): 300?
SMs: 28
GPU Cores: 3584
Tensor Cores: 112
RT Cores: 28
Base Clock (MHz): 1350?
Boost Clock (MHz): 1770?
VRAM Speed (Gbps): 16
VRAM (GB): 12
VRAM Bus Width (bits): 192
ROPs: 64
TMUs: 112
GFLOPS FP32 (Boost): 12.7
Tensor TFLOPS FP16 (Sparsity): 51 (101)
RT TFLOPS: 24.8
Bandwidth (GBps): 384
TDP (watts): 170
Launch Date: Feb 2021
Launch Price: $329

·
Premium Member
3,100 Posts
Coming next month for the bots. Those of use who don’t scalp can expect to wait much much much longer. Be lucky to see stock by September

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coming next month for the bots. Those of use who don’t scalp can expect to wait much much much longer. Be lucky to see stock by September
Not a huge issue in Australia, 3080s are scarce but 3070 and 3090 are both shipping same day.

TBH though , with the extra VRAM starting to sneak in people that had trouble getting the original cards may end up happy they were forced to wait.

My RTX 3070 in MSFS on 1440p Ultra regularly maxes out the 8GB VRAM it shipped with. People running MSFS on a 3070 at 4K must be sitting on maxed out VRAM continually.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,703 Posts
Such a goofy product line up. The lowest end card has the most ram aside from the 3090.

·
Registered
425 Posts
till stock normalize, the buyers will have next generation of GPU's already announced, btw 12gb xD slap in the face to 3080 owners xDD

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Call me stupid, but what is the use of this card? That is more VRAM than the regular 3080 model right? What's the point? It's not even 3060Ti.

Not a huge issue in Australia, 3080s are scarce but 3070 and 3090 are both shipping same day.

TBH though , with the extra VRAM starting to sneak in people that had trouble getting the original cards may end up happy they were forced to wait.

My RTX 3070 in MSFS on 1440p Ultra regularly maxes out the 8GB VRAM it shipped with. People running MSFS on a 3070 at 4K must be sitting on maxed out VRAM continually.
How are the prices of those ready-to-ship 3070s? Comparable to US MSRP at all?

I live in Asia, and all our stores are scalpers. All cards are on the shelf so technically, we are not in shortage at all. It's just that all shelf prices are like 10~15% higher than the new MSRP, even before the new MSRP.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
3080=10gb
3060=12gb

i dont understand

·
Rig Advisor
2,858 Posts
3080=10gb
3060=12gb

i dont understand
Card is built for miners. Mining relies heavily on RAM and benefits from a higher frequency. More RAM @ cheaper price = MOAR ecoin. This is not made for gamers at all.

·
waifu for lifu
11,437 Posts
Late Feb release. Lets see some mining numbers!

·
Robotic Chemist
3,060 Posts
3080=10gb
3060=12gb

i dont understand
The 3060 is a 192 bit card and 6GB would be a problem. The 3080 is 320 bit and 20GB of GDDR6X would be expensive. It does look weird but it makes perfect sense when you remember GDDR6 is only available as 1 or 2GB per 32 bits. :p

The bit widths are set by the bandwidth requirements while the capacity only needs to be enough.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
How are the prices of those ready-to-ship 3070s? Comparable to US MSRP at all?

I live in Asia, and all our stores are scalpers. All cards are on the shelf so technically, we are not in shortage at all. It's just that all shelf prices are like 10~15% higher than the new MSRP, even before the new MSRP.
Generally speaking computer tech in Australia is always 10 to 20% higher than US prices, always has been, and no different now. 10% of that is local tax and most of the rest of the markup seems to be at the national distributor level here rather than the local stores. (software is worse, companies like Adobe and Microsoft charge double or more in Australia for the same licence).

I paid about $US670 as a "holiday special" for my Zotac 3070 Twin Edge OC from a local supplier (they normally sell for about $US100 more than that here) . I think the MSRP is more like $US520 or $US540 so mine was about 20% over MSRP but 10% of that is the Aussie equivalent of VAT tax (GST), it basically cost me $US600 before tax or freight which I was happy with - to get anything even close to that $US540 price you would need to Grey Market import from North America with all the warranty and support issues you get doing that.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Late Feb release. Lets see some mining numbers!
Watch more posts pop up why aren’t you mining with your gpus lol

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
This is a gpu for miners with the vram config. But nvidia keeps playing for gamers face on it. If mining some how tanks by feb then they save face and have gamers as a back up to sell em. Though I doubt mining will but nvidia is smart not play the odds even if its small.

12gb when not even the 3070 or 3080 has that lol.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
This is a gpu for miners with the vram config. But nvidia keeps playing for gamers face on it. If mining some how tanks by feb then they save face and have gamers as a back up to sell em. Though I doubt mining will but nvidia is smart not play the odds even if its small.

12gb when not even the 3070 or 3080 has that lol.
That was nvidia bad estimation of amd gpus.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am now convinced that no one watched NVIDIA latest feeds before typing his own tale of conspiracy.
NVIDIA loves you and they are about to help you, so you to get a job as 3D Video editor.

·
Overclocked
3,921 Posts
First time in history for this to happen that a low-end or mid-tier card exceeds the high-end in terms of VRAM in reference design. 3080 Ti is just coming to correct the line-up though.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I paid about $US670 as a "holiday special" for my Zotac 3070 Twin Edge OC from a local supplier (they normally sell for about $US100 more than that here) . I think the MSRP is more like $US520 or $US540 so mine was about 20% over MSRP but 10% of that is the Aussie equivalent of VAT tax (GST), it basically cost me $US600 before tax or freight which I was happy with - to get anything even close to that $US540 price you would need to Grey Market import from North America with all the warranty and support issues you get doing that.
ok, that final price of yours is about what my local stores list, although we have no sale tax here. Our situations are about even then.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,324 Posts
$329? You mean $660 on eBay?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
ok, that final price of yours is about what my local stores list, although we have no sale tax here. Our situations are about even then.
Your prices are very reasonable if it doesn't involve shipping and someone underdeclared custom value. However how many people in the world have the contacts or are one of those select group of individuals that can take advantage of the Hong Kong Market at the moment. They aren't letting in most foreigners. Quarantine rules suck too now, three weeks and in government approved hotel versus one night at Hotel and can stay two week back at your own home/flat couple months ago. I am hopeful vaccine parts gets resolved because I do need to go back there at some point in 2021.

I seriously hope they don't implement sales tax though. The government more or less burned through that massive cash reserve they had. Living costs there aren't get any cheaper (when have they ever) and the economic outlook is I really don't know when its going to rebound. Though I hear as usual, the housing market is booming there at the moment.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts