Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone at ocn, since I'm having trouble with ripjaws on my new AMD rig was wondering which would be better? 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 or 1600mhz 8-8-7-23 which seem to be the tighests timings I am able to get out of them with 1.65v.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
1600mhz 8-8-7-23 Don't even have to question that!!

Note: 800Mhz with a CAS 4 preforms the same a 1000Mhz CAS 5. Why? All has to do with being in a specified nanoseconds for the chips to transmit data. Look on wiki for more detail but as I have sad, take the 1600

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick911
View Post

?????????? Look at the freaking speed!!! That is huge with only one CAS more? That is nutz.

Don't forget that Intel cpu's love speed over CAS

He put it in the AMD section but still [email protected] is better than [email protected] on the phenoms and DDR3

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Actually I believe on Phenom II's, 1333 is marginally better for memory tests, while 1600 is the best for actual tasks such as video encoding...
I do a lot of video encoding
With you it depends, but go for 1600. If you push the voltage higher [you should have a look at my sig & the voltages I need on mine! :O) you might be able to get even less on the timings.
Be sure to run memtest86+ 4.00 for around 4 or more passes
Check stability with windows for a few minutes using memory-intensive apps and tasks, and games.
If in doubt or unstable, increase the memory voltage or the CPU-NB VID.

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick911
View Post

that is AMD not Intel!

Read OP kthx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts