Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone at ocn, since I'm having trouble with ripjaws on my new AMD rig was wondering which would be better? 1333mhz 7-7-7-20 or 1600mhz 8-8-7-23 which seem to be the tighests timings I am able to get out of them with 1.65v.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
1600mhz 8-8-7-23 Don't even have to question that!!

Note: 800Mhz with a CAS 4 preforms the same a 1000Mhz CAS 5. Why? All has to do with being in a specified nanoseconds for the chips to transmit data. Look on wiki for more detail but as I have sad, take the 1600

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlchavis0844
View Post

Lower latency timings beats pure speed everytime. Go with 1333mhz 7-7-7-20

?????????? Look at the freaking speed!!! That is huge with only one CAS more? That is nutz.

Don't forget that Intel cpu's love speed over CAS

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Actually I believe on Phenom II's, 1333 is marginally better for memory tests, while 1600 is the best for actual tasks such as video encoding...
I do a lot of video encoding
With you it depends, but go for 1600. If you push the voltage higher [you should have a look at my sig & the voltages I need on mine! :O) you might be able to get even less on the timings.
Be sure to run memtest86+ 4.00 for around 4 or more passes
Check stability with windows for a few minutes using memory-intensive apps and tasks, and games.
If in doubt or unstable, increase the memory voltage or the CPU-NB VID.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.