·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can do something under $1400.

Here is what I got so far:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/npLH6X

- I plan on reusing my power supply.
- I plan on reusing my Cooler Master 212+ evo cooler, and maybe replace the fans on it. If anyone wants to recommend fan replacements, do so.
- The budget has to include Windows 10 pro 64 bit (OEM).
- I plan on getting a decent 4k/60hz monitor next year, so a lowish OC on the CPU isn't gonna matter much for 4k/60hz.

If you know of a decent mid tower case in the $50 range that will fit everything above, including the 1080ti, recommend one please.

·
Testing...
3,246 Posts

·
...and you'll FLOAT TOO!!
4,035 Posts
Or, you can just buy the license for Win 10 Pro for about $15 from GamingDragons.com - no watermark or anything....
thumb.gif

·
New001
2,668 Posts
S.M's build looks all good, but could probably ditch the M.2 ssd and use whatever drive you have now and down the track you can get a decent m.2 drive (ie samsung 960 evo/pro 500gb).
Then you have $200 saved from win10 license (or $185) and $100 saved from m.2 and then squeeze in an i5 or i7 and z270/z370 board, or go up to a better ryzen chipset and get ryzen 7

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts

·
Testing...
3,246 Posts
IIRC the cheap keys available from shady sites are harvested student and business MSDN/Dreamspark keys that aren't for resale.

Which would mean they are illegal.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,551 Posts
PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QWnJjc
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/QWnJjc/by_merchant/

• CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($189.89 @ OutletPC)
  • Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($87.39 @ OutletPC)
  • Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
  • Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($139.99 @ B&H)
  • Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC2 Video Card ($739.99 @ Amazon)
  • Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1357.24

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys, I forgot to include that I'll be reusing an OCZ Trion 480GB SSD. It's only 1 year old, so there is no reason not to reuse it.

I also got a backup 1TB 7200RPM drive, as well as a portable 2TB USB 3.0 drive for additional storage. So I'm good on storage.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Yeah really. I wouldn't get such a cheap Ryzen Mobo as it would limit your overclockability. I'd clock what you have to the moon and stick the 1080ti in that.

·
Testing...
3,246 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.M. View Post

Being poor is not a disability.
I don't understand.
guiltysmiley.gif

·
Testing...
3,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalar View Post

I don't understand.
guiltysmiley.gif
That upgrade is designed for disabled people who rely on accessibility software.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.M. View Post

That upgrade is designed for disabled people who rely on accessibility software.
Oh, yeah. Just got that lol.

I'm definitely not passing up a free upgrade though lmao. I mean, time and time again we see MS do things that prove just how desperate they are to get people to switch to Windows 10. That link might still be there as a result.

Next, they'll start paying us to switch.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here is what I got so far:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xNFDD8

There is triple fan GPU on newegg that's not included on PC part picker that's in the same price range. Gigabyte model, I believe. But I was just going to order everything from newegg.

I'm not 100% sure about the H80i v2. I checked on deepcool's website, and it says the H80 is compatible, but doesn't specify the v2 model.

Will the H80i v2 fit in a Deepcool Tesseract BF case? Where is the best place to mount it? I've never installed a radiator before, and unless it's extremely obvious where it goes, I could see me definitely running into issues. I won't have any issues with mounting it to the chip, like have to order a bracket or anything?

Also that particular memory model isn't on the motherboard's QVL list, but there are very similar Gskill models which are basically the same CAS, and frequency, but are $50+ higher. I shouldn't have any issues with that ram on that board, right? Actually, I couldn't find any of the cheaper priced ram packs (from PC part picker) on the motherboard's QVL list. And not just for this motherboard, but for 3 motherboard QVL lists I looked at.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiaftw12 View Post

Yeah really. I wouldn't get such a cheap Ryzen Mobo as it would limit your overclockability. I'd clock what you have to the moon and stick the 1080ti in that.
My haswell I5 runs 4.2ghz TOPS. That and it runs quite a bit hotter than sandy bridge with the same cooler. Estimated 15C hotter under load. I didn't delid the chip.

Ryzen runs cooler than Haswell with no delid. Ryzen has higher IPC than a haswell I5 and it's way better on multi-threaded apps. And I could stream on the Ryzen chip. Extra bonus is I get to snub Intel this gen, and go AMD instead. Their supply shenanigans with Coffee lake pissed me off, that combined with the fact that they're STILL putting bird poop under the lids of CPUs and I'd have to pay extra for a delidded chip. Intel can go to hell. It would suit me just fine if I never bought another Intel processor again. As long as AMD can step up and offer something remotely competitive.

Besides I got a friend of mine who needs a PC, and I was going to give him a super bro real on my old PC. CPU + Mobo & ram + Case + R9 390 + bluray drive + 212+ evo CPU cooler, for about $200. He just needs to slap in a PSU and a drive, and he's good to go.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts