Overclock.net banner

Should the OCN BOINC team participate in the 13th WCG Birthday Challenge?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear members of Overclock.net,

For Nov 16th to Nov 22th 2017 SETI.Germany is arranging a challenge at World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids 13th birthday:

We would like to invite Overclock.net to participate in the challenge and hope that your team and many members of your team will be joining and participting this event.
!!Be aware, only your WCG-Team-Captain can join your team to the challenge!!
https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/challenge/viewTeamChallenge.do?challengeId=8617

More information and statistics regarding the challenge can be found here.http://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/1_en_Welcome.html

Your participation is very much appreciated.

Many Greetings: Terminator

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

Didn't we have WCG as the POTM in Oct last year and then again in Nov due to this? Maybe just Nov next year, haha.
I went back and looked, and we were running WCG for the October POTM last year. I forgot about that when I was setting up the POTM.
:D

We are just warming up for the B-Day challenge.

Added a poll to the OP.
:thumb:

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Thirteen is an awesome number, so my vote is definitely! ^_^

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Starts on the 16th?
So how long is the return time on the average WU, and Microbioeme the best project to run?
Ie which project is the best?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

Whats "best"?

Some are 15-30min, some 4 hours. The random HSTB task can be longer.
And the deadline?

Finding useable info on their site is a pain... Microbioeme is the best ROI according to their site followed by Open Zika....

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Well I wasn't figuring on setting up Linux VM's on all my machines......
That combined with bunkering is more involvement then I'm up for right at this time.....

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Smash childhood cancer gives out decent RAC on Windows, and the work units on a 4770k are usually just under an hour each.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My friends I have bad news.

I will not be able to do anything but run straight through, my wife of 30 years had emergency surgery yesterday and is currently on a ventilator in an induced coma. I will be spending my time with her.....

They say her chances are 50/50.......

I will set WCG to run unattended but that is all I"m going to be able to do unfortunately,

I need to be with her.......

Sorry.

EG

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post

I will not be able to do anything but run straight through, my wife of 30 years had emergency surgery yesterday and is currently on a ventilator in an induced coma. I will be spending my time with her.....

I will set WCG to run unattended but that is all I"m going to be able to do unfortunately,

Sorry.

EG
My thoughts are with you and your wife Egilman.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post

Sorry.

EG
Very sorry to hear this EG. Best of luck.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts