Votes: 11 13.6%
  • I dont care.

Votes: 6 7.4%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I sell my I7 920 witch maxes out at 3.9ghz for 185$?? and buy a i7 950 for 229$

Update: Well I just got a buyer for $190 for 920 and I have $40 in credit for microcenter so I have $230 free all i would have to add is $14 for tax should I do it???? Yes Or No

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacophony View Post
I did and I'm happy now.
Why are you happy? DO you see a difference?

·
Well, hello there...
4,499 Posts
You know you want to!

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
What's the point? I can't imagine there's any practical difference. Heck, you probably wouldn't notice if you switched to an i5.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I could only overclock at 3.75ghz with my 920.......but now the 950 took me to 4.2ghz. on the same cooler. I also gain a few more points in folding.

·
Well, hello there...
4,499 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacophony View Post
I could only overclock at 3.75ghz with my 920.......but now the 950 took me to 4.2ghz. on the same cooler. I also gain a few more points in folding.
This ^

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by trampton View Post
What's the point? I can't imagine there's any practical difference. Heck, you probably wouldn't notice if you switched to an i5.
of course....just get a dual core it's the same thing

a computer is just a computer amirite?

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you have the money and want to but im not sure how much of a difference youll see with an oc 950 from your current oc. I didnt see too much of a performance difference at all. just bragging rights is all you really get.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
higher multiplier, less BLCK needed, higher OC level... with proper cooling. I think an i7 oced to 3.8 will be ok for alot of work... unless your need to reach record..

Also I've read that the i7 @ 4ghz consume alot more watts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cr4zYH3aD View Post
higher multiplier, less BLCK needed, higher OC level... with proper cooling. I think an i7 oced to 3.8 will be ok for alot of work... unless your need to reach record..

Also I've read that the i7 @ 4ghz consume alot more watts
stock 130W to 200~210W I believe at 4ghz. Someone confirm this as I'm not sure if they're right

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just got a buyer for $190 for 920 and I have $40 in credit for microcenter so I have $230 free all i would have to add is $14 for tax should I do it???? Yes Or No

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
Yes you should.

The 24x multi warrants the buy alone. Far more flexibility when overclocking. Especially helpful when getting the DRAM > BCLK ratio you want!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'd say yes because you probably could do better than 3.9Ghz.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts