Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need something to cover a 140mm fan hole at the bottom of my case, When I was using it I cut the mesh off since the fan had a filter and I wanted better airflow. So now theres just a huge hole in the bottom of my case..... I don't really have the materials to make one myself.

I've looked at mnpctech, mountain mods and frozencpu, and cant find anything....

Basically just looking for a slab of aluminum or something with 140mm mounting holes to cover it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
The other, simpler way to cover the hole is to just duck tape it.

Edit:
Paint the duct tape black so it will match your case!
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Hmm, an eyesore on the bottom of your case?
biggrin.gif

Honestly if you screwed down black aluminum there it would probably still stick out.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I guess no ones made anything like what I needed, so I did some major digging an found something that worked. Found our old honeywell security sign that someone tried to throw out a few years back and I said no it can be used for something. Well now I know what that use was.

Was the perfect thickness and a nice matte black backside.

Lesson? Sometimes being a hoarder pays off
smile.gif

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
There you go. Looks nice.

When I wanted to cover my rear top fan hole, I took some sheet plastic (model railroaders use it to make buildings), painted it black and put screws through it:

Hotrod_Take_2_From_the_Top.png

Kludgy, right?

But look at it in place:

Top_filter_0011.png

Black flat stuff has zillions of uses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts