Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm returning my Samsung C27FG73 due to artifacts(pixel inversion), clouding and blurry image. It was just too many faults for it to be worth the price. Rather disappointing.
Text also appears pixelated on both 24 inch and 27 inch at 1080p.

Should I get a 1440p 144hz or is it better to get a 4K 60hz monitor and play the most demanding games at 1080p?
I don't play competetively and wouldn't really need a 144hz monitor, but then I would have to get used to 60hz again.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even 1080p 144hz easily beats 4k 60hz for me.
I agree that it's alot smoother. But up until I tried 144hz, 60hz was fluid for me. I never noticed stuttering, until I went back to 60hz.
Pixel density bothers me. It looks rough and text just looks awful compared to my Samsung Galaxy S8. Not sure why this bothers me all of the sudden, guess I've started to notice it.. damn it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I recently bought myself an Acer XG270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz monitor and I adore it.

I would rather go 1440p over 4k, due to an already notable knock moving from 1080p to 1440p, and having over 60hz is a great experiance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1440p with 144hz all the way.
i just dont see the advantages of 4k on such a small sized screen, except less frame rates and lower refresh rate.

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
I wouldn't want to play at 60 Hz, even if it's not a "competitive" game. 4K60 is great for consoles, but I'd prioritize higher refresh rates as long as 1440p is the minimum. I certainly wouldn't go back to 1080p144. It's a fine resolution for media, but it's pretty bad in games if a very good AA implementation is not present.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the local store to look at some demo units. They had pixel inversion issues.
Is this really that common?

Any panels that are less prone to issues? My tech year of 2018 has been really bad so far. I just want stuff to work.

Bought a lenovo laptop -> had to return due to excessive fan noise
Bought a Microsoft Surface laptop -> had to return it due to a broken speaker
Bought a GTX 1070 ti -> returned due to excessive coil whine
Bought a C24FG73 -> Had to return it due to a cracked panel
Bought a C27FG73 -> Returned due to reasons in this thread

This stuff is expensive. I can't afford to treat myself to broken stuff. Especially when the trip back and forth to the store takes time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts