Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
So I built a pretty nice gaming rig a few years back, but I never got around to purchasing a monitor of equal greatness. Been using a low end 19", and it doesn't do my gtx 680 any justice.
I'm just getting around to buying one, but now I'm lost and have no idea what I'm doing. I hear people talking about TN, IPS, black levels, refresh rates, blur reduction and color accuracy, etc. I don't know how to balance any of these qualities to make a smart purchase. Especially considering I'm willing to spend around $700ish - I don't want to regret my decision.
So I guess I need your help. It'll be scrictly for gaming and general use. I play games like heavily modded Skyrim, Witcher, Dark souls, assassins creed, dragon age, etc. definitely looking for some amazing picture quality. I also have a GTX 680, but might be upgrading to a Titan or something of similar quality.
I'd appreciate any feedback. I'd like to head down to Fry's after work and get something today.
Thanks again!
:Edit: I should maybe make mention that I'd prefer a 27" I think.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Both, i like them equally
For gaming, 120 hz+ wort it
For desktop, 1440p definitely worth it
Both requires graphic card power, if you have thight budget, i would say go on 120 hz+, sightly cheaper than 1440p
It would worth upgrade anyway
Best thing its getting both + g-sync, yes i will cut your budget off but most likely one of the best gaming experienced so far

1 - 2 of 2 Posts